proline tank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
not sure if its new or if anyones seen it but i found a proline gas tank for tmaxx with 25% more capacity that i belive bolts in stock location. I dont know about you guys but a stock tank doesn't go far..

Had them in a few of my rigs bit brittle for bashing,broken bout 5 in 2 years but they are a clunk style and have a built in filter and bolt in stock locat
ion just gotta trim the body

I really don’t recommend that tank... Mine and many others end up in the garbage bin in little time. It increases the ½ tank leaning issue and the taller height also makes it more susceptible to breakage during a crash.
Lots of threads on other forums with many displeased with it.

I really don’t recommend that tank... Mine and many others end up in the garbage bin in little time. It increases the ½ tank leaning issue and the taller height also makes it more susceptible to breakage during a crash.
Lots of threads on other forums with many displeased with it.

+1

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Its not a bad tank if you want a stock look and the cost is cheap enough to have a spare
As for the half tank lean issue ,i have a rb 523 in mine and a .28 in my supermaxx and dont have an issue with it the rb is a bit of a pain when you nail it and brake hard and nail it again

Thats not very sound advice at all. That tank is garbage, and the OFNA 150 is a smarter option. Having owned and tossed this tank i can assure you that this product has generally unfavorable reviews, and none of the rc 'gurus' reccomend it. They do that with good reason.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not saying its the best tank on the market I said that I broke 5 in 2 years so yeh they are weak as
But that was all that was available in australia and I made it work,i now have a violator on its way so ill find what everyone is raving about

I say try the tank if it doesn't work for you move on your only down $13 and you've not had to drill your chassis

so glad for this post,I was going to order one of these monday

well dam! i was gonna order one also. I need fuel capacity to match or be close to my revo. The only thing i dont know if i like about the Ofna tank is where it is located. U either have to take the body off or butcher it to refuel. Any other options?

how cool would it be if somone made a fuel tank that mounts on the bed of a pickup body just like the real fuel holding tanks you see on pickups, that would be cool.....

well dam! i was gonna order one also. I need fuel capacity to match or be close to my revo. The only thing i dont know if i like about the Ofna tank is where it is located. U either have to take the body off or butcher it to refuel. Any other options?

Ya, drill a 1/2 in the side of the body like the Revo to fuel the Ofna tank with the body on.

BurnoutSmiley.gif

I just put the ofna tank in last nite took bout 10 min and I had to drill one hole and it fits inside the body well hopefully I can test it over the weekend

I am new to this hobby so take what I have to say with a grain of salt but the chassis flex will damage a plastic tank if it is shocked with a cartwheel or blunt object. maybe you need a stronger frame/chassis......?

nah just need to stop hitting skate park jumps and motorcross jumps lol

Ya but u also need room to get to the top to open it also.

That is why you put a ziptie pull on the lid, this allows you to pull open the lid from the original fueling cutout in the body when the body is on.

003-1.jpg
015.jpg

011.jpg

BurnoutSmiley.gif

oh i was actually pictureing it up on the front right of the chassi where the reciever box is. In ur case where did u put the battery box?

i strapped my lipo directly underneanth the tank

finally got to take her out with the new tank and i'm happy with the violator its just the only annoying thing is the fact its not a 'clunk' style tank unlike the proline tank so when i flipped it a few times today it cut out from being upside down for bout 30 sec where as the proline would happly let it idle on its roof a quite some time

the violator has however eliminated the tuning gremlins i was having with the rb after its rebiuld so i think ill stick with it for now

oh i was actually pictureing it up on the front right of the chassi where the reciever box is. In ur case where did u put the battery box?

On my truck I put the hump pack where the shift servo used to be.
003-3.jpg

On my wife's truck I strapped the hump pack to the front shock tower.
005-1.jpg

Back