Proline steering kit help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayoitsjus10

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Are these kits any good my steering sucks I'm still using the traxxas 2055 servo thinking about upgrading but don't know wat to get and wat will work with my stock radio

The Proline steering bell crank is a decent setup but you will not see much difference using the 2055 servo. Upgrading the servo would be #1 on my list, then upgrade the steering bell crank or just add bearing to the bell crank your using would be a help.
Just about any standard servo will work with any receiver. 150 oz torque and up recommended.

what servos do u reccomend getting i am new at this t maxx nitro world.
also i am still running a 4 aa battery setup should i upgrade if so what should i upgrade too thanks

Servos depend on your budget: a decent Savox or HiTec will not break the bank.
Be aware a Hitec will require a different servo saver or horn than you currently use as the splines are different than traxxas. A Savox uses the same spline as a traxxas.

I would most definitely upgrade to a rechargeable 6V receiver battery pack, the more MaH the better.

Just picked up a traxxas 1200 hump battery at my lhs

Any high torque JR, Hitec, Futuba, or Savox servo should work. Any of them that costs around $40 or more will be a major improvement. Traxxas servos, and electronics for that matter are junk.