proline badlands

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am looking to buy a new set of wheels and tires. Do u guys think the proline badlands would be way to aggressive to race on a real loose dirt track? Or what else would you recommend?

I have no luck with traction on our track with the badlands on my tmaxx. I recommend a set of proline calibers m3 soft compound. I just bought a set for my truggy build and thinking of getting another for tmaxx. I run them on my buggy on track and love them.

Bad lands are a great "basher" tire. They last a good long time. But for racing... they are real heavy, balloon, and don't balance well. Are you racing on powder, clay, hard pack, or ?

x2 - I agree with 'dub c'.

Badlands are great for bashing, but they are a little heavy - they provide excellent grip, but this could also be a bad think because it may cause you to traction roll.

Try a soft AKA I beam truggy tire.

Bad lands are a great "basher" tire. They last a good long time. But for racing... they are real heavy, balloon, and don't balance well. Are you racing on powder, clay, hard pack, or ?

well its our homemade track and its like semi packed topsoil for now, but theres always a kinda loose layer on top. We have been wetting it down just a little to keep the dust down but I just spun out or sideways quite a bit coming out of the corners.I found Proline Caliber M3 1/8 buggy tires. will they fit the 3.8 desperado wheels?

Last edited:
by mounting up a light set of truggy tires the whole attitude of your Revo will change. shedding weight off your wheels and tires has more effect than any other upgrade. AKA Grid Irons preglued are nice. just stay off concrete.

Proline holeshot all the way dont think they will mount onto 3.8 but I used the lpr wheels with a 1/2 inch offset and put them on the erevo, some reason they look a little funny on the maxx but I have a set of 40 series bowties on the embe now and it makes a massive difference to the truck

I also suggest a set of truggy solid dish wheels which you can find pretty cheap to mount the calibers or hole shot tires and foams.

They look good , sort of between a holeshot and badlands

They should be ok. Looks like you have a nice offset so a wider stance will help handling as well.

Back