problems with hsp tyrannosaraus

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drragonx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey this is about my bro's nitro truck. btw I'm a newbie to this hobby.
problems:
1)some liquid substance leaking from exhaust and crankcasr(dunno if its fuel)
2)smoke exiting from crankcase and fuel tank.
3)steering and throttle servos do not center after operating.
4)small sound coming out from servos
5)fuel line connecting the exhaust comes out easily and melts when it touches the engine.
6)engine sound has increased way too much.
7)one tire (front) seems to be straight while the other pointing away.
8)dogbone shaft comes out easily(front left)

Thats how things go when you buy off-brand stuff unfortunately

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

1stuff from exhaust is normal means your running rich
2smoke from crankcase (not good at all) where is it coming from?
3Tank also needs to be seals if its got that much air leak I'm sure its running lean and your rich to account for the air leak.
4 sounds are normal
5 get some new fuel line and put a protector on it with zip ties a motor at 240 degrees is gonna melt a silicone fuel hose.
6could be caused from the air leaks
7 adjust the toe link

If the liquid isn't coming out the end of the exhaust like normal, then you need a new gasket. Where is it leaking from the crankcase? If its around the back, you need to take the engine out and seal it. There are YouTube videos showing how to seal a nitro engine.

The part where the head and crankcase attaches together. That's where smoke comes out from and the liquid, I'm unsure as I usually see it spilt all over the engine after a run. And how do I check for air leaks?

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

And engine does not prime when I close the exhaust. (Only when I close the air filter with my finger) could this be a sign of air leak?

Here's a more detailed perspective of the problem.
The pull start is very easy to pull.
The engine starts easily.
At full throttle, it dies.
Very slow. Poor acceleration.
Spit sizzles for more than five seconds.
Engine runs for a long time when the fuel line is pinched.
Sound increased and smoke decreased

You need a new head gasket or just take the head off and clean up real good put the shim back and see if it seals. If not your gonna need a new one. Your motor will never run right with a leaking head gasket. (The gasket is the copper shim between crankcase and head of motor.)

And what about the engine dying when throttle is applied

And what about the engine dying when throttle is applied

Most likely due to the leaking head gasket.
You will never get a good tune or be able to diagnose the engine further until the leak is repaired.

While you have the engine apart, you might as well seal it. This will also help.

2pzi8th.jpg

Where is the gasket?

If a gasket is present it may be stuck to the top of the sleeve or around the head button. Look close, they are often hard to see.

I also found that there is a part broken on the exhaust-engine part. Do I need to replace it?
hx0sye.jpg

Yep, replace it. Probably where a lot of the mess is coming from.

You need a new head gasket or just take the head off and clean up real good put the shim back and see if it seals. If not your gonna need a new one. Your motor will never run right with a leaking head gasket. (The gasket is the copper shim between crankcase and head of motor.)

I had 2 head gaskets/shims, I applied some hi temp silicone to both of them slapped them back on the head button tightened up the heat sink along with re-sealing up the engine...it worked for me, just make sure you don't get any silicone on the combustion part of the head button

After sealing the engine and replacing the gasket, the fuel won't enter when priming. Plz help.

Wind out the hsn and prime it without the needle in
Once you confirm fuel flow reset hsn and try again
Make sure you have the fuel line and the pressure line on the right spot first

How exactly are you priming it? I take the pressure line off the muffler and slowly blow into it so I can watch the fuel go directly to the carb.

The fuel is not flowing through the tubes even when I blow through the pressure line. I also tried removing the hsn and priming but still fuel doesn't flow.

Did you check the idle screw, in case its all the way closed?

Back