Port Charlotte (Southwest), Florida

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyAce2004

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, just got a revo, pretty new to nitro RC, but i wanna get into this poop, and its hella boin doin it solo.

i know this place just got torn appart by hurricane charley (i know, i lost alot of poop cz of it) but anywaz, where are some good places around here and anyone semi-local willing to meet up anywhere?

i wanna go do some bashin! :hammer: :hammer: thanks!!

Have you been to the small track in Englewood? Turn onto Old Englewood road off of 41 and its just on your right behind the fire station, Its not a huge track but it has a nice drivers tower and no one really knows about it, I was there all day on a saturday and had the track to myself , I havent been there for a while but I am sure it hasnt changed much, It was built by a friend of mine who used to own a local hobby store in that area, he now owns the hobby shop in Port Charlotte, I wont have a new buggy for a while yet,but when I get it I will bash there again,, Good luck and let me know if you have been there!

well holy damn!!! someone in this town lives! thanks for the info man! ill have to go check it out on wednesday!

is it open to the public? dirt course or paved?

Georgia Red clay packed surface, yes, open to all with 1/10 stadium and mts, Have a blast!

Wow, 2 people from my old stomping grounds. i lived in PC and went to PCHS.
Lived in North port also...

This was 3-4yrs ago. moved to Ohio.

I lived in the pc area for like 22yrs.

i just graduated from PCHS, i was doin the bands website up till 3 weeks ago when lopez decided to have a midlife crisis and take control of everything (if you know who I'm talkin abouy). anywaz, ill have to go check out englewood. and as for north port, i work at the winn dixie there as a full time meat cutter

thx for the info!

Ahhh your a young guy then.. :) I graduated back in 92. Yes I belive lopez was there back then also...

what other teachers are there still? Mmm, winn dixie wheres that at again? I shoped at Publix

lol, its on 41 just about a mile north. u got AIM?

what teachers? no idea, but the school has a new look, they got rid of pirtate park and put in a 2 story building. half the school grass is now paved and covered with portables.

if u got AIM, I'm me: SkyAce2004

wow, i went to the track, pretty nice but didnt use the tower...had to get down whenever the truck fliped since i was on my own. nice place though. ironicly, i broke a suspension arm cz of a wooden plank stickin outta the ground on the 1st turn, and the guy in the LSH said it was his fault. lol.

he said it was really popular the first year it was made, now its just kinda sittin collecting rain and leaves. i would probally go to it more often but its a 45min drive there. and if i go and noone else is there, kinda borin.

thx for the info though!!!

Back