Piece of crap Rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the batteries should come out slightly hot. like theyve just been charged. but what wire AWG or Aug wire is it. too small wire on the battery is bad. and is it a molex to traxxas connector setup if it is mine got how on the molex connector

that's right,some conectors can't pass all the energy that battery sends and cause of that they over heat.
Deans have been know to be best conectors and for sure they are.
they can pass more energy and quicker,all time hop up when you going electric.

He and i both use straight Traxxas HC connectors. The battery wire is like 12 gauge.. It's not the batteries fault i have a TRX 6 cell and it was about the temp of boiling water when he was halfway through running it. And you can't try and say that there own battery should do that in a stock rusty.

yeah and 12 guage is bigger than 14 guage which i run with no issues

After straightening out a tx problem, I got to abuse my xl5 properly. As suicide said, the battery was warm(115), the esc was 110, and the motor was 170. That's with 2.8 talons, 23-87 gearing and a 4200 8 cell Tenergy. Everything seemed to work fine for once, and it is pretty fast. Off of a 2ft tall, 4'x4' ramp, it was floatin' a little over 50'. Flat bottom on pavement! The R/C gods are gonna strike me with lighting. Back to the point, I hope these numbers(temps) can be used for a ball park figure.

Plain and simple, it is a bad esc or motor. That kind of attitude from customer support is why I never even bother with caliing Manufactuers unless it is a situation like yours.

I would just bite the bullet and spring for a new motor and esc. The xl5 and Titian cost $50 shipped. Or go brushless. I understand how much the situation stinks, but waiting a couple of months for trx to get it back to ya is well forth the money for a new combo. Then raise hell with them until they send you a new motor and esc or reimburse ya. See if you can convince them to test the motor and esc without sending them the whole truck. If not, count your loss and move on.

Last edited:
I would just bite the bullet and spring for a new motor and esc. The xl5 and Titian cost $50 shipped. Or go brushless. I understand how much the situation stinks, but waiting a couple of months for trx to get it back to ya is well forth the money for a new combo. Then raise hell with them until they send you a new motor and esc or reimburse ya. See if you can convince them to test the motor and esc without sending them the whole truck. If not, count your loss and move on.

Traxxas has very quick service,it wont take more then a month.

Screw Trashhas (traxxas) team losi all the way!

Back