Pictures from last bash with Pirata

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Sorry, it has taken me some time to get around to posting these. My gallery is too packed to get all the pics in. So, here's a thread for you. Enjoy.

These are all El Pirata's Savage 21 in action.

Pirata 1.jpg

Pirata 2.jpg

Pirata 3.jpg

Pirata 4.jpg

Pirata 5.jpg

Pirata 6.jpg

Pirata 7.jpg

Pirata 8.jpg

Pirata 9.jpg

Pirata 10.jpg

Pirata 11.jpg

Pirata 12.jpg

Pirata 13.jpg

Pirata 14.jpg

Last edited:
You mean the one where I am about to take a Savage in the kisser?

I'll be posting a vid soon. Hopefully, my compression works...it's huge.

Does he have some Kind of Center Skid? Looks like some Raise-Kit from New Era....Fill me in. My mind is still battling out wether to get Savage21...MonsterGT....T-Maxx...If i get the monster GT or Savage ill most likely get the Hyper 8port.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Okay...the vid won't be posted until I can find a host for a 95MB movie file. My space is already used up.

No center skid and no lift kit. He did a shock spring mod using Trinity black springs and stock T-Maxx springs (two springs per shock). This keeps the truck up.

I have accomplished the same "lift" with Hot Bodies threaded shocks. As soon as Trinity comes up with springs for the Savage, I'll be slapping them on my own.

Originally posted by FastEddy
GREAT SHOTS!
The sideways shot is killer.
HPI has a Photo contest. I sagest you enter them.

http://www.hpiracing.com/racergallery/index.htm

Thanks for the recommendation. I submitted 6 of the 14 shots. We'll see what they have to say.

Great pics man. I gotta get a savage.:D

Confusing me guys...I can't decide...Savage21 or MGT...Savage...T-Maxx....Savage.....MGT.....T-Maxx:OT::sorry: lol.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Great shots Sky! what kind of camea do you use?

BTW, that shot you were refering to where you are about to take it in the kisser is awesome! Great job!

wicked photos!! i love thrashing my savage over terrain like that only problem is cleaning it afterwards!!

Nice action shots SkyMaxx. Looks like a fun spot to bash at. I think SilentHunter should get the Savage of course:w00t:

Originally posted by mjime714
Great shots Sky! what kind of camea do you use?

BTW, that shot you were refering to where you are about to take it in the kisser is awesome! Great job!

Believe it or not those are stills extracted from my digital video footage.

Now if I can only find someplace to post my video...compressed with MPEG-4 its 95MB. I can get it down to 27MB which I can post, but the quality sucks and makes it a waste of time.

Thanks to everyone who complimented the shots. Those that are on the fence about which RC to get, maybe these will give you a new way to look at the Savage.

What kind of Video camera do you have? Very nice quality stills! I'm impressed.

You got PM

god that is such a nice truck iam thinking about getting one

The camera is a SONY DCR-TRV8. It has a still mode, but the images I extract a frame at a time from the video are better quality.

I also have a SONY DSC-S85 for stills. Takes a very nice picture, but your timing needs to be dead on to get the fast moving RCs in frame.

As for the PM, we need to chat. Look for me online later this evening.

Originally posted by KoRnKiD
god that is such a nice truck iam thinking about getting one
Me 2 but coming from a T-Maxx owner...I'm Sold. But one problem, the MGT comes out this summer. That might be a Savage Beater, ya know what I mean. Ill just wait it out and Then Wheigh my options.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
You mean the one where I am about to take a Savage in the kisser?

I'll be posting a vid soon. Hopefully, my compression works...it's huge.
Back off, I wasn't that close.... Great pics.

The movie proves otherwise...I had to pull the Savage off my lap in order for you to get back to driving. Besides, was I complaining? No, if you hadn't done what you did...I wouldn't have any pics like that to get compliments on. Sooo...unbunch your panties and replace the gas regulator...time to cook up some ribs. :D

Back