Pics of new beadlocks and tires on the Maxx!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatblack

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Got the rims yesterday and the tires today! Came straight home and put together the Axial and Pro-Line combo. Threw them on the truck real quick and snapped a few workbench shots! I'll do a proper shoot in a few days!

My first impression was, "Damn! These are too big!" But once installed, I really like the aggressive look of the package! They are definitely heavier than a maxx wheel setup. Pretty sure the ol' JL Red Dot will pull the front end off the ground though!

I just need to stop by the LHS tomorrow and pick up some longer rear turnbuckles. I upgraded the center drive shafts, axles, carriers and wheel hub adapters and rims/tires all in one shot!

The Maxx is pretty much done for awhile until I find a good deal on a 3.3 tranny and a nice high torque servo.

What do you guys think? Too big? Or Just Right!

Expect some video of her running come Monday!

3408868314_8f9c6710bf_o.jpg

3408060451_eb11c458c4_o.jpg

3408060429_91c6bef960_o.jpg

3408060417_36b9d5fd9c_o.jpg

3408868244_45869748ea_o.jpg

Last edited:
Those ARE pretty big but I don't think it looks too awkward, mostly due to having a lot of black going on there. That last two pictures looks really good, but the side profile shot definately shows how big the wheels/tires are on that truck. I dig those wheels on your truck for sure. Very nice indeed.

I shot the pics with a 24mm lens, so you're seeing some distortion, especially in the side shots. They're not a whole lot taller than the stock setup. Maybe a 1/2 inch. They are a bit wider though!

ohhh.. those aren't 40 series?.. they look like 40 series in that side shot respective to the truck. the other angles don't make them look awkward at all.

no, they're 40 series. I was just explaining why the side shots looked larger.

I just can't make up my mind. I'm into the look some, but not sure about the weight...these may be going to ebay...BAH!

dude those look really good on your truck! The aggressive stance really say.. Yeah Ill get some.. Anytime!

I've been in and out of the garage more than 5x's now trying to decide about these d@mn things! From some angles, I absolutely LOVE them! At others, they look a bit big. Guess I just need to run it and see how it does. It may take care of some of the ridiculous low end wheeling and help it pull a bit on the top end. They're definitely on the heavy side which usually goes against every principal I have when building a kit.

I ordered a set of Axial Wicked Retros in, what else, FLAT BLACK! Figured I could boil off the stock tires from the old rims and throw them on there or look for a cheap set on ebay. Maybe keep the bead locks around for the show-offs days at car shows or something.

Last edited:
I don't about the tires, I like 'em, but that's your choice......but I sure do like that Chevy body !:thumbup: I really like the 2-tone silver and black !:D

your red dot should definately still pull the front end off the ground because i have a 3.3 and it will pull the font end when i put my moabs on but i dont have the beadlocks so it might be a little heavier than mine, but should still wheelie

Drool..........
I would be more concerned with the steering servo being able to turn those bad boys.
Looks nice though!

I like the style of both the wheels and tires, but they're too big and disproportionate to the body size in my opinion.

You know how you solve this problem. do an extended chassis conversion and drop a 1:8 scale MT body on it :)

I'll post up some new shots with a less wide angle lens. Looks a lot different than in the pics.

Well, no time soon. Just put new center cvd's in 'er and spent my dime on this setup. eventually i might do that. but i really love the short chassis.

To be honest, the 3.3 is kind of a dog with an extended chassis. I mean it's not horribly slow but it doesn't compare to say a Savage X when it comes to performance in a relatively same sized package.

Just A Thought ????

You know how you solve this problem. do an extended chassis conversion and drop a 1:8 scale MT body on it :)

And when you get your new body you can just give me that one, it is the sweetest body I have seen:whhooo::first_place::whhooo:. not putting any body else's down but that is my favorite. Hate to tell my age but it is the same model as me. They quit making the good stuff..LOL:D

Back