People still run nitro?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthRacer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So.... people still run nitro vehicles? I thought brushless was all the rage now.

LOL :p:

A lot of people still run nitro. I personally only run gas or electric only now due to noise restrictions.

All i run is nitro. Nothing like the sound and smell as your rig rips past.

Back in the day, at the height of the monster truck craze, all I ran is nitro as well. T-Maxx, Savage SS, various 1/8 buggies. Much fun. Once I started racing I had to switch to electrics. My sole nitro vehicle is my old trusty Savage SS with a .28 in it. That thing has been to hell and back. I even ruined an R/C Solutions cage!!

I have 12 RC/ that are nitros still. My boat is a nitro as well. I like nitro just getting to be fewer places I can run with out people getting grumpy about it.

Just like old muscle cars, nothing will ever completely replace nitro. :D

Nitro forever !!!!!! can't beat the smell !!!!!

Nothing but nitro here , and loud is good :D love everything about nitro the smell the sound even that cold feelling you get when ya spil it on your hand:hehe::hehe:

ya thats what I'm saying

---------- Post added at 6:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:59 PM ----------

ya nitro forever most of them perform better than electric and gas overall and the sound is amazing and the smell is even better when you rip some dirt up

PS. Nitro is high performance engines so there RPM's are high which means high performance awsome can't beat NITRO never will !!!

ya thats what I'm saying

---------- Post added at 6:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:59 PM ----------

ya nitro forever most of them perform better than electric and gas overall and the sound is amazing and the smell is even better when you rip some dirt up

PS. Nitro is high performance engines so there RPM's are high which means high performance awsome can't beat NITRO never will !!!

I love nitro but your a little off on some of those statements. Most nitro rigs will never even be close in performance to a brushless rig. Just look at dreammachines savage ... there is no telling how much money and time he has in that thing and it is just barely running what a box stock savage flux is capable of.

That wasn't a shot at you dream just a simple comparison. We all know your rig is way cooler than any brushless:D

i have both nitro(revo,tmaxx) /electric (summit) i only run my summit on days i can't run my nitro.i think nitro is more for mechanicly inclined people they are not just charge it up and turn it on.
so too answer your ? yepper nitro rulzzzzzzz.......

Just look at the nitro pipe giveaway, the responses have to tell you something. Nitro rc's are just a unique way for gearheads to have the ability to tinker and tune on something relatively cheap compared to a 1:1 vehicle. I don't hate on electric because for me it does have it's place, like my heli's, wheelie king and traxxas grave digger for my daughters and a mini erevo for me when we run together, and it's a blast! The best is my IGT 1 drift car, no electric can take the place of that car, listening to that thing scream is half the enjoyment for this guy :hehe:

Considering how strong they are supposed to be I think it is.

Nope I ruined one on my revo in less than a gallon of bashing. They are strong when you apply force straight down on them but they bend pretty easily when hit from an angle.

I folded my RCS cage pretty early on in it's life... good in theory, but not so good in the wild. ;) It didn't hold up much longer/better than the steel welded cage I used to run.

Now I use wings, wheellie bars and roll bars.

Damn, I thought I was awesome. What a letdown. It DID save me a lot of ruined cooling heads before I destroyed it doing flips.

Yeah, don't get my wrong. The crash that folded mine would have destroyed my engine, crank case, or engine plate. Then again, the engine was a $120 engine... luckily I got the cage used for $40 so it wasn't a full retail loss.

When all the big international pro race events stop having 1/8 nitro buggy as their top class...it still won't be dead. There's just so much interest in it still. I got rid of my 'fast' electric RCs(other than one SC truck....which is being converted to nitro LMAO) in favor of going all nitro. I still have 2 crawlers, but other than that the electrics are 'been there done that' for me. They just don't require any amount of skill or mechanical ability. That's why it's super easy for a 5 year old to get into electrics and not so easy for that same kid to start with nitro. There's just too much going on there, which is what I like.

And understand, I think the BL/lipo rigs of today are wicked. But I need something a bit more interesting than plugging in a battery and turning a switch on.

Back