Parts for the Schumacher Menace

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbutch

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey Guys this is my first time here. I finally found a place where people know what there talking about. Well, I just got the Schumacher Menace truck. I haven't drove it yet because where I live; the last 3 weeks it has been snowing and the streets are all ice, so I'm not even taking the chance to drive it. But I read some comments about the shocks, that there not so good. I guess my question is What shocks do you suggest to get for a truck like this? And what other parts can I get In aluminum, I would like to change every part that could be changed to aluminum. The car is really fast so I don't care if it slows down the car. Thanks:shrug:

Hey, Can someone tell me where I could buy parts for this truck. Thanks

Congrats on your Schumacher purchases guys. If your not good drivers then please practice on an airstrip (lol but true) as Schumacher cars and trucks tend to be sick fast.:OMG: That said..

Dbutch - Who said the shocks aren't so good?? Compared to what....keep in mind that opinions are like assholes. Their's allot of very knowledgeable people here that give out great knowledge but no one persons advice is gospel..lol. I drove the truck on road and off for over 5 hours and the stock Meance shocks worked great. My only gripe is they aren't threaded but threads are for convience more then performance. Plenty of racers around the world take home wins on and offroad with shock spacer setup shocks. Stick with your stock shocks for now. Fine tune them with experimentation with different oil weights front and rear and different shock spring weights for specific applications.

As for alluminum. You need to get away from the alluminum mindset to some extent. Many people in this hobby seem to think that replacing everything with metal is going to make their truck or car more durable. It's not that simple and it's often specific to the car or truck and how the parts play nice or not with eachother. My only gripe with the Schumacher is it's questionable durability but it's engineered to be fast as phuck and everything is give and take. When you want to increase speed overall you want to remove as much weight as possible. If only RPM made their A-arms for every car and truck, the world would be a happier place. I would wait until more Schumacher Menace hop ups start coming out and they will as it's become very popular. I plan on getting one down the road after other projects are finished. Alluminum arms will definitley be more durable then the stock plastic on that but in a nasty wreck you might break allot more then the alluminum arms.

DO a gooogle search for Schumacher hop up parts and c what you come up with.

Have fun and peace

First off I want to thank 30%NitroBoy you been a great help. You just saved me a ton of money because I was about to buy alluminum parts for this truck. And I guess your right that I should wait until this truck becomes more popular to buy parts for it. I took the truck out last night and let me tell you FAST!!!!:jet: , I took it to a mall parking lot which is pretty big and I couldnt even get it into 3rd gear. I didnt have enough room.

My older brother bought one as well and he was jumping curbs, snow piles and let me tell you the truck took a beating. And nothing broke, so all you people who said that the truck is not built with duability, your wrong. I know its not built to bash, but thats why I have the T-Maxx. All I have to say this is my new favorite truck, I can't wait to race it. I will soon have videos and Pics.
Thanks again Nitro

I've broken 2 plastic parts.. a rear arm when i taped the wheel on my car at about 1mph and the front suspention holder when it fell into a foot print in teh snowy ice when i was breakign it in at around 1mph also.. BUT my lhs sold me the box of parts he received with the truck for cost.. :D so i saved a bundle in parts...

Back