Painting new body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Childresshunt

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got a challenger body to fit a savage and I'm wanting to get it painted up. but i got the body with a used buy and i dont have any of the window covers or the headlight stickers or anything anyone know where i can get this stuff.

You can just use masking tape for your window masks, place some over the windows then carefully cut out the shape and toss the excess.

its not so much the windows thats no problem but headlights and blower take some stickers dont they

Sorry, I'm no help there. might put a WTB ad up for some stickers and maybe get lucky. Might check ebay incase someone is selling a sheet they didnt use.

its not so much the windows thats no problem but headlights and blower take some stickers dont they

Don't know exactly what body you're using, but most bodies come with window masks only for the paint up. then there are external decals for the lights, grill, window frames maybe. Door handles and stuff. Badges. Sponsors. things like that. If the body doesn't have them you either have the option of trying to find some on ebay. Or flex your painting muscles and paint in the lights and grill and stuff. Sure it doesn't look exactly the same. But by doing it yourself you can make them look any way you want.

Also you can find pictures of the missing items on the web and print them to scale on a printer then use XXX-Main glue to glue them to the inside of the body before you paint. I've done that on several shells that didn't come with the decals.

Here are a few pics:

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

Thats a good idea hamz if i have to ill deff do that one. But i have the body for the special edition savage the challenger with the blower up front. I'm just gonna use it for a shelf body and maybe run it if I'm staying on the ground

heres an interesting twist..[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBgfObnZrbk"]RC Modify 2 | HPI Dodge Charger Body on Traxxas E-REVO - YouTube[/ame] certainly one way to get around your issues

You can also make your own decals by buying printable sticker paper found in most hobby shops, I make all kinds of decals for my bodies :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2