Our Recent Loss

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrechM

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
In memory of Shorty - 6/18/90 to 7/29/05. He was the best dog, my left arm and he will be greatly missed.

Shorty.jpg

Stretch, my condolences. I know what it's like to lose a family pet. I lost my dog of 11 years back in 93 (German shepherd/collie mix) and never got another dog after she passed. It's basically losing a family member.

I remember the little guy.
He was a good judge of character and bit my ankle. :D

Sorry to hear about the loss of a family member.
How is your daughter taking it?

Sorry to hear about your dog, it looks like he lived a pretty long life. I'm sure you spoiled him well when he was on this earth.

I had to put our family dog down 1.5 years ago and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in life. It still brings a tear to my eye when I think about it.

Thanks gentlemen.

He became very ill on the night of the 27th while we were staying at Half Moon Bay. Needless to say we found an emergency vet open in San Mateo and took him in at about 2 am. The vet started to do his song and dance routine so I politely ask him for my dog back, paid him his $150 and left for Sacto with the family in tow and went home to wait for our vet to open at about 4 am.
What you need to understand is that it was my little girl's promised vacation over to the coast plus we were camping with another family and I had left my travel tailer at the campgrounds.
The vet needed to keep him overnight for all of the testing. The wife convinced me to take or daughter back to Half Moon Bay so she could finish up her fun. The tests came back badly; complete kidney failier and his liver was about done. It was my wife who made the disicion. She stayed in town while I had returned to the coast with my daughter.
He is still dearly missed.
Fortunately I gave my wife the best birthday present that she said she has ever gotten a few weeks before hand or the home would be void of the little pitter patter of footsteps. His name is Frankie.

Ed, Not well but she did take it much better than we did. Here's my daughter with Frankie under her arm caught naping on one of the dog beds;

Savannah%20and%20Frankie2.jpg

strech sorry to hear that it sucks to lose a pet especally that you have had for 15 years i can't even amagine what i would do if i had to put my dog away. and once again sorry for your loss

Sorry to hear of your loss Stretch.

Sorry buddy.
It must be rough with a young one also.

i can't imagine having to put a dog down after 15 years. we got a dog when he was six weeks old and had him for maybe 6 months. we had to put him down because he was getting too aggressive. but when he wasn't aggressive he was the best dog ever.

Sorry to hear about the dog. MY dog Mookie recentely passed away and i know how it feels.

Thanks again guys!
That liitle guy had slept on the foot of my bed for 15 years.

Sorry to hear about your family member passing away stretch.....you did the right thing by not making him suffer w/ those problems...15 years is way more than most dogs get to have and it sounds like you'r had a wonderful life....

Suck, sorry to hear. I've been down that road and there's nothing anyone can say that makes it any easier. Hell I've lost pets and felt worse about them than some family members.

I know how you feel man, we had a dog that we found when we lived in an orchard had her for like 11 years and she died last year on Mothers day,

Once again Sorry

Condolences Stretch. I feel your pain. I had to have my dog put down on 7/30.