OS VZ-B(P) pistion/sleeve problem.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCatl

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Are a lot of people having piston/sleeve issues with this engine?

I've been told to replace the p/s with set from the RZ.

I've also have been told to replace the p/s with a set from the RZ, but only to use the sleeve and to use the original piston.

is any of this necessay?

thanks

i dunno.. but i've been out of r/c for about 6 months now due to my piston and con rod breaking in my vz-b. I just don't have anymore money to spend on r/c. sorry for being off topic but this looked like the best place to post my problem.

Some people have had premature wear issues with the VZB's. Usually goes around 2-3 gallons. It will be hard to find the old cast piston, since OS now only makes a billet piston for the V01b.

Ok, here is what you do.. you can send it back to OS.. they will replace it.. not sure if they are replacing it with a new updated to fix the problem or not..

You can get the VO1 piston and your VZB sleeve.. send them to OSrocket.. and have it resized.. and you will have a screaming motor.. the VZb is a great motor.. crazy fast.. but they are wearing out at 1-2 gallons.. OS used a new material for the piston.. and it is wearing the liner out too fast..