opinion on proline badlands

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azrevoracer

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
i have a revo built to race i have ran traxxas responce and min pins and was wanting opinions on trying badlands thanks in advance for your help

I have the 3.8 badlands and they are superior to any other tire I've ever used.....they hook up on any surface.

what about the ocean?

Hahaha:hehe:
------------

I ran the 2.8s on my Jato for a tank or 2, and man they hook up, they wear a little faster than I expected from only 2 tanks but are a badass tire.

IMO, the Trencher series tire is WAY better.

The trencher is bigger and heavier, but still a nice tire.....not worth a crap for racing.

Revo 5309 your tires would work in the toilet, but your truck will swirl the opposite way :D.

Last edited:
Badlands are great for bashing around, but no good for 98% of race tracks. They are heavy and the big knobs fold over or slide on any track that is not loamy dirt or mud.

If you want some additional race tires look for any VTR sized Proline like Caliber or Holeshot, or AKA Grid Iron, City Block, or I Beam.

Don't even think of putting tiny little 2.8" buggy tires on!:\:\

Badlands are great for bashing around, but no good for 98% of race tracks. They are heavy and the big knobs fold over or slide on any track that is not loamy dirt or mud.

If you want some additional race tires look for any VTR sized Proline like Caliber or Holeshot, or AKA Grid Iron, City Block, or I Beam.

Don't even think of putting tiny little 2.8" buggy tires on!:\:\

Of course a good racing tire would be best, but you obviously haven't seen the 3.8 badlands, they're almost the same weight as my 3.7 crime fighters and fit the traxxas dish wheels perfectly.
A few less grams won't help you when you're spinning.

How did you come up with 98% anyway?

the other 2% are flooded like an ocean....

You guys are great but is revo 5903 a youngster his comments make me think so

Hey az, the choice is yours. If you're gonna race all the time get some good racing specific tires. If you want an awesome all-around tire that won't bog ya down, get the badlands 3.8.

id be going with a tire that can aquaplane..... slicks for example....

jokes aside. anything that has a tread pattern similar to the badlands/response is going to be decent for all-round. if u wanna race then there are a fair few variables to consider. eg rubber type, foam type etc etc. ull also have to balance them..

Of course a good racing tire would be best, but you obviously haven't seen the 3.8 badlands, they're almost the same weight as my 3.7 crime fighters and fit the traxxas dish wheels perfectly.
A few less grams won't help you when you're spinning.

How did you come up with 98% anyway?

turs003.gif

Well I have seen the 3.8 badlands and tried running them on various tracks. Seeing as all tracks are hard pack and dry where I am (as are pretty much every track I have ever seen), these tires do not work. The knobs are too big. There is nothing for them to dig into, they just fold over and slide. It is hard to just get around the track with them, but they work great for bashing around and will rip trenches in anything soft.

A race tire w/ soft compound is worlds better for racing which is what the original question was.:) I don't think he was asking how cool the Badlands look when you are doing wheelies in the front yard.

turs003.gif

Well I have seen the 3.8 badlands and tried running them on various tracks. Seeing as all tracks are hard pack and dry where I am (as are pretty much every track I have ever seen), these tires do not work. The knobs are too big. There is nothing for them to dig into, they just fold over and slide. It is hard to just get around the track with them, but they work great for bashing around and will rip trenches in anything soft.

A race tire w/ soft compound is worlds better for racing which is what the original question was.:) I don't think he was asking how cool the Badlands look when you are doing wheelies in the front yard.

The OP never said anything about where he was running, only that the truck was built to race. He didn't say he was racing, or on what surface he'd be running (i.e. pavement, dirt, concrete, etc).

A more appropriate response would have been that the badlands don't work on 98% of the tracks, in your area. They may work for some that have tracks with different surfaces than what you have available to you locally. Not everyone has your perfect west coast weather and tracks ya know. :p:

The OP never said anything about where he was running, only that the truck was built to race. He didn't say he was racing, or on what surface he'd be running (i.e. pavement, dirt, concrete, etc).

A more appropriate response would have been that the badlands don't work on 98% of the tracks, in your area. They may work for some that have tracks with different surfaces than what you have available to you locally. Not everyone has your perfect west coast weather and tracks ya know. :p:

Yeah I know, sorry. I tend to forget that it gets below 60 degrees and rains/snows in some places. There is a reason why my tiny little house cost half a million dollars!

I did not intend to put Badlands down, they do rip and look damn mean. It's cool to watch the roost fly 10' up in the air. :whhooo:

^^LOL, yeah, it's actually been pretty nice as of late, just lots of rain though. I kinda wish I had done the 3.8 badlands on the Pede (basher only) for the shorter sidewall and less flex and tire roll in corners. Oh well, next time I guess.

All I did was what the op asked, I gave my opinion on badlands tires.:)

Back