One for CharliesTheMan

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Charlie asked if I could do a tribal piece on a comp lid for his ax10, and yes, Charlie asked for these colors, lol. This one was a pia though to photograph, you can't see the drop shadows, the window tint, and the pics just lose too much detail, this one looks much better in person than in the pics. Well here ya go Charlie, hope ya like it.

Picture019.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Thats sweet. Charlie I also hope you like it. No thats the wrong wording, When charlie sees it he will LOVE it!

That's an amazing job, I could kind of tell the camera wasn't doing it justice. Have you tried snapping some pictures in natural lighting? Any time I have trouble getting details it's usually because my digital camera hates indoors, as most do. Is he going to decal it or leave it as is?

Anyway, I can't wait till this weekend to paint my 50s Chevy for my T-Maxx. It took me all the free time I had last weekend just to cut it out and mask the windows. I hope it turns out as good as the effort I'm putting into it. I want to two-tone it, but still haven't decided on the layout of my colors.

OMG, It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL Joe. Let me know when you're ready for some more bodies, I've got a few to send you, another crawler body and a body for the Revo, which is going to be my most intense build so far. I really love it Joe, you never cease to amaze me.

The reason for the colors is this: I wanted to have some green on it because of the green anno on the axial kit that it will be sitting on. However, I'm currently buying a lot of hop-up parts to make this more of a comp capable rig. The next time I break it down to replace most of the parts on it, I'm going to pull the green anno off, and send all of the aluminum pieces that will have anno to Joe at East End Machine, and I'm going to have it all done in hard anno orange, basically the same color as the orange anno on my baja 5b SS. With this color scheme, it will look ok with the green and I think it will look great when I anno the orange parts.

Another fantastic job Joe.

Looks like you are already locking up the Painter of the Year for 2008.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Glad you like it Charlie, send the other lids any time you are ready bud.

I haven't got to work much on the tuber lately. I have been doing as many hokey paint jobs as possible, since I am in desperate need of a 1:1 vehicle, I am trying to raise some cash.

It looks great NC, can't wait to see it in person. BTW, I like the colors....It must be an LA thing LOL

It looks great NC, can't wait to see it in person. BTW, I like the colors....It must be an LA thing LOL

Yeap, must be. I'm just waiting to see what he's gonna say when I ask him to do the next one in purple and gold.

Purple and gold, not much worse than green and orange, lol. I will do whatever colors you want, hell, once I send it back, I can't see it from my house :D

Purple and gold, not much worse than green and orange, lol. I will do whatever colors you want, hell, once I send it back, I can't see it from my house :D
Bro, the way you paint, take some pics so ya can see it from your house.

HOLY CRAP!!! That is AWESOME!! You are a talented person thats for sure!

Am I the only person that doesn't think that these colors are absolutely hideous together?

Just so you guys know, I basically just told Joe about the paint job that I had in my mind, and gave him a very vague description of the look that I was trying to achieve, and he nailed it perfect, and made it look even better than anything that I had come up with in my mind, much less what I had told him that I was looking for. He is such an amazing painter. I've spent hours looking over the Caddy that he painted so that I could study the details, and the brush job is unbelievable. The lines are so crisp and smooth that it really looks like it was screen printed with a computer design machine or something.

Thanks for the compliments Charlie.

Actually, when you told me of the color scheme, I was like, uh, green and orange and silver? Are ya sure? LOL. But when I did the design up in photoshop it actually looked cool. On the body it looks much better than I had thought it would.

Awesome! I can't wait to see that on top of the axial. You'll post a pic of the complete rig, right?

Back