ok now more questions PLEASE READ!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team Castrello

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:smoke: how long does the rx battery on the revo last and how do u discharge it.

also i just baught a battery charger from radio shack that recharges nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal hydride for the transnitter battries. my question is this, which rechargeable battries should i use and why?

and were is a good web wite to get prepainted bodies?

does the revo come with a fuel filter in it and should i use one?

You can find good batteries at Battery Space (12 pack NiMH 2250Mah)

The ones radio shack has are good batteries, but these are high Mah and way cheaper. A friend of mine bought a 24 pack and has been using them in his receiver for about a year. He has the other 16 laying in the bottom of his truck bag...

NiMH are best for what we do. They have higher current draw ability and minimal memory effect. You just have to keep an eye on them when your charging them. They don't like being overcharged and are more unforgiving than NiCD's. Also, NiMH bats don't like the cold. They loose their juice quicker than NiCD's, but by them time they are dead, your to damn cold to drive anymore anyway.

I use mine that I bought from RadioShack (NiMH 1800Mah) and the longest I've run at any one time was 4 hours and they were still registering at 10.1 Volts. Most transmitters beep at you or flash a light or something at 9V. I charge mine up until the remote says 11V then I unplug it. It's a little overcharge, but the temps of the bat's don't get much warmer than a few degrees above room temp.

atomik sells painted bodies for the maxx and savage, not sure about the revo though. You can find the bodies at Lightening Hobby (atomik)

My Revo gets about an hour on stock pack if charged with the charger that comes with it. It will run longer if I use my regular charger (Black Widow Pro). I also run a fuel filter on mine, it's cheap insurance whether you think it is needed or not, imo. There was some issues on the Revo about flushing the tank when they first came out due to debris. Check out Proline's website, they have a Revo section with what wheels and tires and bodies will fit the Revo without mod. Search eBay for those bodies already painted, someone is always selling pre-painted bodies. Good luck

Do a search on E-bay for "Custom Painted Bodies". I buy all of my custom paint from there.

Or RCTXC

Or ADRC

For batteries, just go to walmart and get the new 15 Min Ravoc. They are about 2000 or 2200 and charge in 15 mins and you get a 4 pack with the charger for about 15 bucks.

Hey Team C, I'm thinking of getting the Revo too from Tower, any ideas of what you should have bought and didnt? Also how is the blue color-I can't decide between blue, black or yellow-can you post a pic of the blue color so I can see it?

Back