ok now i have some questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team Castrello

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just placed another order for fuel i got

2 qts of traxxas 20% top fuel
1 qt of the new 33% top fuel
which one do i break it in with.

another question wanted to know if the transmiter had a charging jack or if you can use rechargeable batteries in it. is the revo water proof and were can i get some nice bodies. and in the "tool set " that it comes with is there a glow plug wrench with it

not sure about the 33% most of the guys I know only run 20% with the stock engine. You should use what you break it in on most of the time. No the REVO is not water proof.

I've heard that you can move up in nitro content but you shouldn't go down. So break it in with the 20 then use the 33. Or better yet.. junk the top fuel and get some O'donnel. :)

If your not racing and your not in the mountains, there isn't any need to up the nitro past 20%. The higher nitro stuff just costs more and gives you more snap off the line.

Yes the stock tool kit does include a glow plug wrench.

you also may have to shim the head to run 33% I say stick to 20%

Your running the 2.5 right? If so the top fuel is the best for your engine, use the 20% to break it in, your engine will run fine with both %, but if you are happy with the performance of the engine with 20 then stick with it. If you move up to 33% you have to richen up the mixture a bit, also might want to change for a Hot plug to a medium (from a mcCoy #59, which is good for 20% to a mcCoy 8).

Back