Ohhhh Ya!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got my first real job. I start the 26 at UPS. I'm excited because they are letting me start after thanksgiving weekend, and beings I'm working evening shift it works with my schooling. I think it will work out well for me. And now I can finally start to save some serious cash for my gas'er project. Anyway just had to share!

Bryson

Right on, congrats Bryson! Now hurry up and bring me my Tower orders!!

Congrats..........first real jobs are always fun......show up on time and do what your told....;_)

You'll be breaking in the hard way. Just in time for the major holiday rush.
Will any orders from California show up here any sooner?

Nice, My godfather worked for UPS forever. They had good benfits and such. He got lucky, he was working part time and they gave him full time benifits. He was with the forever.

Everyone that works at ups gets full benifits. Then health care, you and your family get it, even if your part time. I think its going to work out great. Thanks for the support guys!

Bryson

ups

Ya!!! got a buddy thats been workin at ups for awile now. benifits and good salary...he likes it anyway so good luck man!!!

Everyone that works at ups gets full benifits. Then health care, you and your family get it, even if your part time. I think its going to work out great. Thanks for the support guys!

Bryson

I worked at UPS for about a year when I was younger- as have a lot of my friends. It is a great place to work- Keep an eye out for six-sigma (If the name means nothing to you now, it will soon ;) ) and you should be just fine. nice pay.

What can brown do for you?

Congrats on the new job.

Congrats! I've always heard that UPS was a great company to work for. I sold a UPS employee a new truck a number of years ago.. good guy. get ready to work... christmas season baby.. phew

Hope you got a good back, I'm getting some big boxes this year. Ha Good Luck Bro

WOW! This is the biggest joke I've ever seen. Ok heres what happen. When I applied 3 weeks ago, they said after 3 months you get a .50 cent raise, to 9 bucks an hour, and all your bennifits. Well sitting in training last night, they handed out this paper that said it has changed to 6 months till you get a raise, and bennifits. I'm like what the hell, I'm going to be bustin my ass for you guys for minum wage(In and Out pays more then these guys). Then at first they tell you oh youll be in the easy area's and not to worry, This was bull, they put me and 3 other guys in the air freight building, as loaders. Like the hardest job, you have to rember all the zips with in a 2 weeks or so. Then on top of all of that, they first said hours for me to work will be 6-11, which was cool, I could get home and get some sleep before school. Last night the trainer chick, was all the hours have changed, you guys are going to start at around 5:30pm-2:00 ish am. I'm like ok this is just dumb. I told her, I can't make if from cypress college when I get out at 5, to here in a half hour, traffic sucks and theres just no way. She said, maby we can work something out.

I'm just a little pissed at all the changes from the contract I agreed to. My dad says they might be testing me, but I dont get why a multi million dollar company would do such a thing. I feel like quiting before I really get in over my head and going down to the toyota dealer that I talked to and re-applying there, I know that guy would hire me, and then it would count twards my schooling to for the t-10 program I'm in. I almost feel it would be better seeing to how id be geting experince in a feild of work that I'm persuing, as a machanic. Idk what to do. I just feel as if UPS is jerkin me around. I just had to share guys and vent a little. Sorry for my rant.

Bryson