OFNA/Picco 26 TMAXX reviews

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the process of rebuilding mine. have to make risers for the engine so the shaft screw can clear the tranny case.

Lessen, You got one of the new .26 Maxx srop in mills?
When and have you run it yet?

Lessen said:
I'm in the process of rebuilding mine. have to make risers for the engine so the shaft screw can clear the tranny case.

Are you taling about motor mounts? I saw a video but still trying to figure out if it is a wheelie machine... I want to have great pulling power... Maybe race it... Do you guys thing I should go for this or the OS TM?

I say with either one your oging to be replacing drive line parts.

I have a p2 .21 and it is sick power...just hard to get it to hold tune....if the .26 drop in is anything like that one is...RUN AWAY.....more headache than it's worth.....I'd say go with the OS .18....OS has a good rep as far as consistent engine building and I see all the Revo guys killing the BB MTs w/ that mill....can't be too bad for the maxx then I'd say.....

Did it.

Love it.

Everything downstream of the powerhouse is beefed up to handle the increase in power.

This is the big block Outlaw with the .21 conversion, though... I saw the word "drop-in" above, mine wasn't the drop-in.

I would imagine that you'd still need to beef up the drive train if the power from that 26 drop-in is anything like it's big-block brother.

sorry, I thought we were talkin about the standard OFNA/Picco .26 (outlaw) I don't have the drop in version.

Well, since no one specified the engine, except for the name "Ofna/Picco .26" i guess any is fair game. Please specify!

sorry guys, I meant the drop in, the new Ofna motor. From what I gather, not too many people have it or know about it... I think I am leaning towards the OS 18 TM

You should go for the OS .18 TZ. Those are fast and powerful!

Picco .21

I thought you were asking about the .21, I dropped it in and man its fast, I have had no tunning probs yet and it runs like crazy. I screwed tranny all the way down so it had only 2nd gear until I could get used to it on the track, now I have it back to normal and it really flies " except sometimes it will kick the truck all the way over when it gets warm so it takes some getting used to". I would upgrade to all metal gears though. I had the orion .28 wasp and that thing wouldnt hold a tune but I like the picco .21 I think its the best for the $$$$

i like the look of the picco .26
but can't afford one
lyle

Ofna/Picco .26 max,Nice Mill

I have recently put a picco .26 maxx in my sons revo and it is great, I had the
.21 in my old t-maxx, this engine is just sick its got great range, only downfall is its not near as easy to tune as some engines its a very picky engine just take your time w/ the tuning and you'll know when you've hit the spot, like my collari this engine wont really wake up till about the 10th tank, you'll start to see a big difference in performance, I tend to run my mills more rich than lean, I would not recommend this to a novice unless you have it tuned for you, its a bitch!

Come on,dont bust his nuts for that!!

PSUNITRO I've learned that there is a lot of babies in here, its ok!

Back