OFNA high torque box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyline Racer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm having issues with my high torque ofna starter box. I'm trying to get my old buggy up and running and this motor isnt pumping out enough power to spin my flywheel fast enough. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement motor? Heres a pic of what it looks like..

Attachments

• starter box.jpg
    starter box.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 88
Are you sure it's the motor and not the power source?

Just for kicks, try a car battery. If that doesn't spin it fast enough either your motor is dead, or your engine is dead.

If you find its your battery, I have seen on XRC that you can use a LiPo battery. They say it gives more juice and is much lighter of course.

Nice to see you back onhere Colton. Missed ya bud.

HT Batteries has a lipo pack for starter boxes, it's the shizzle!

How is it Jet? I have been wanting to try this out. Does it provide the full 12 V? How long does it last for?

14V and makes that motor spin so fast it knocks the earth of it's normal rotation! Ok maybe a bit of an exageration there, but it will spin that sucka up and it weighs next to nothing. Two of my race buddies have it in thiers and I guess I've used it pitting for them, I haven't picked mine up yet but I use HT lipo's for my rx packs and in my 3PK and they are nice lipo's.

Thanks Jon, hope things have been well.

I replaced the gel cell with a brand new unit. The box cranked my ofna .21 over fine in previous years so its all a mystery.

Just for kicks, try a car battery. If that doesn't spin it fast enough either your motor is dead, or your engine is dead.

The car battery idea is a sure thing. My LHS told me they run commercial grade 12 & 6 volt sealed gels. (18 volts total). And they have regular 'over the counter' starter boxes. Thay whack those things. The singl motor model takes tha volts easy. I haven't tried it with the dual 570s'???????

*************** READ

If you run off of your car battery and your car battery is not that good, remember that you are pulling AMPS now not milliamps through that thing. Well, anyway a friend of mine :)bandit:) was in this situation and he used his starter box a lot (remember it's also giving you glow power). Well this guy :)LoL:) ran his battery out. So bad he needled a tow truck starter (jumper cables a no go).

Anyway I remember this dude to this day!

HTH

Last edited:
Thanks Jon, hope things have been well.

I replaced the gel cell with a brand new unit. The box cranked my ofna .21 over fine in previous years so its all a mystery.

Can you measure the gel cel and see if it has the 12 v after you charge it? Wiring also may be an issue for you or a contact point when you try to engage the box.

wiring is probably the issue. i'll resplice and measure the voltage after a charge. thanks

Back