ofna engines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxasnewbie

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
How are the ofna engines? I've got a .32 one on a revo seems to do good, just wondering if anyone knew about these pro's/con's of them. Thanks for your reply.

I had a force .28 on my hpi buggy and it ran great and held a tune very well. Never once had any issues with the performance. I know several guys with the .32 a d they seem to like them as well.

The Ofna force .28 in my DM 1 Spec has been awesome so far. Break in was easy and it holds a tune well. It's also quite powerful in an on road application and would be a good choice for someone on a budget.

Ofna also makes the Picco brand of engines that are a favorite of the Revo upgraders.

I have an old force 3.5 that's been through hell and back ,Still runs good!

transmited from a mobile communications device

Ofna was the distributor for the picco engines but they didn't make them, picco has their own factory in Italy. The picco is twice the engine the Force or F4.6 is but the force engine is pretty decent for an rtr engine.

It boggles my mind how ppl still think that Ofna is the manufacture for Picco... The sole purpose of that company is to distribute their brands across North America, no manufacturing what so ever.

Like Extreme RC Mods said Picco is Picco which Ofna no longer distributes and the Ofna .28 and .32 are made by Force, great buget mills for sure.

I have an old force 3.5 that's been through hell and back ,Still runs good!

transmited from a mobile communications device

Do you want another one of those old force 3.5's for a parts motor i have one that runs great i just can't find a head button for it. The glow plug was halfway stripped when i got it and after me using it for like 7 runs it finally stripped out.