Nomadio Sensor Radio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill61

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Has anyone seen the Sensor radio advertised anywhere? I would like to see if they are affordable, but have not seen them for sale. I even e-mailed them but got no response.

I think the company had to put it on the back burner for a while due to working for the government. They had other issues that needed their time.

Thanks for the feedback, Olds97 lss. I have been working 11 and 12 hour days lately and haven't been able to check back here. Nomadio e-mailed me and said the same thing about military contracts keeping them to busy to work on the RC radio system.

I am holding out just seems like a great idea.

It's more radio than I would ever possibly use, but it would be cool to have. All those sensors sending info back to the radio! That kind of stuff would be pretty good for people who race. The temp shoots up off the engine head, signal your guy to richen it a tad. It's pretty cool technology, but way more than I could afford as a typical basher.

RC Driver has a ad for them. Went to their site and its $500 complete. info.nomadio.net

They sure are proud of their stuff aren't they. I think I will just wait for the new M11 Airtronics radio and forget about Nomadio.

Airtronics has a new radio coming out in a couple of weeks called the M11. It won't be in the US for a couple of months yet though. I saw their page on it, written in Japanese so the translation was hard to make heads or tails of. I will have to look and find the address.

Found the link. It is hard to get the full story out of the translation, so I don't know if it will be synthesized or not. I doubt that it is DSS or the other spread spektrum transmitter type either, but I also doubt that it is $500 bucks. I just cannot see spending over $250 for a transmitter and reciever set, even with the engine temp, battery life, and such readings in your hands.

http://translate.google.com/transla...ndow=1&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

I bought a M8 and spectrum system it came to $360 dollars and I would have to say it was the best $360 spent to date. No more waiting for frequancy clips, missing a practice session, no more glitching, and no more broken antennas not to mention the ugly a$$ thing sticking out of the body. Oh ya I almost forgot built in fail safe. I love it.

If you go to Sgrid and read the Spektrum thread there were a few issues with bluetooth technology. Now they just have a few issues with glitches. I guess it will be great once they get the bugs worked out, but I don't want to spend money on a system that might damage a buggy. I do enough damage to it myself without the help of the radio!

44,000 yen for the M11 (Tx only?) ~ $405.

Not really sure what the second set of prices are, but 74,000 ~ $682.

Last edited:
I went to this site, this is probably the coolest thing I have ever seen come to R/C. Especially for nitro.

Similar to spektrum, no more signal crossing between cars, so no more wild glitches into poles, or people, because someone accidentially turned a radio on to your channel.

You could have your controller remind you every time the engine needs to be richened or leaned (by temp) without having to stop the car, this could save you an engine if the weather changes suddenly and jetting gets away from you.

It tells you when your batteries are dying, so less likely to run away on you.

And most importantly, you can set it to tell you when you hit a certain speed. So when I am lining up my car for a 50 foot dirt bike double, and I haven't hit 40mph by a certain point, time to abort, could save my car.

OK, so maybe all that's a bit optimistic, but I still like the fact that they are putting this much thinking into a product, instead of trying to sell us the same old sh*t but for a higher price each year. Why in the world couldn't Futaba, Airtronics, or JR, or anyone else for that matter figure this stuff out years ago? This technology has been around for a while. I think the price is fair too. As soon as they release these I am seriously considering getting one.

kx250ryder,
All good points. I agree with you on these points, but for gods sakes $500 for a pre-release! How much is it going to be when the bugs are worked out of it? $500 is a whole lot of extra parts!
I don't need a battery reminder, I charge my batteries before I run my cars. If I know how fast my car is going to know whether to abort a jump or not, I can judge it by eye (because I had to do it 15 or 20 times to know the acceptable speed readout).
I agree that the other manufacturers should have been thinking about some of this technology and applying it.
I know that we are busy when driving, and I would like to know what my temp is once in a while. I would like to know what my speed is once in a while. I wouldn't want to pay $500 to see those things though.
I'm not saying that the radio is a bad product or idea, I'm just saying that it is too much money, expecially for a pre-release. Don't get me wrong, if it came with 3 sets of receivers and sensors I would jump on it or even 2 sets. I have an M8 with 5 receivers with about $1000 in servos in my buggies. The M8 with the receivers is about $500, but that outfits 5 vehicles.

What's not pricey when it first hits the market. I have had no glitching problems what so ever.

Like I said, I was a bit optimistic. Of course you can find reasons why this product may not apply to you, however, my take on it is that this is so far beyond everyone else, that the other companies should be firing designers over this.

I joined back into the R/C community (now at 24) and left it when I was 16. That is an 8 year gap that it took them to even apply the technology in cordless phones which are like 10 bucks these days. Yet they still collected the same high radio prices all the way through with little or no advancement. Given servos have come a long way, but thats it. Synthesizers were around when I left. I think we as the r/c community got taken, until this new product came along.

I haven't spent the $500.00 yet, and I agree that it is expensive, but if those warnings work even once, just once, to save a motor, or a runaway car, that will have likely made the amount of repairs to your vehicle justify the cost, or at least make it comprable to other expensive radio setups. And what if it saves you twice?

Last edited:
I have already invested in warning equipment such as temp gun, and failsafes, and TRS's. Everybody hates to have a runaway, so I guard against it.
I feel that I have only to worry about not being able to use my stuff because of someone else being on the same frequency. Will have to wait my turn. Kind of a bummer but not too bad as I don't usually run in a large group and have yet to have to wait to run.
When they first announced the Sensor I waited for a few months to see about getting one (as you can see it has been almost a year from the first post). Since then I have already made many purchases and have been enjoying them for months. My next radio system just might be the Sensor if the price comes down some, but that is probably quite a few months away (as my stable grows to fill my present system).

Last edited:
Moved to the appropriate forum. Damn it took long enough,...