Nitro Rustler Idle Problems?...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That vid looked much better, notice how on braking the carb slide isn't being pushed into the body.

Yes to set the idle gap, pop the throttle linkage off the carb slide, set the idle gap, using light pressure on the slide using your finger, put linkage back on and check the operation.
The gap should not change on braking, if it did then adjust the little collars on the linkage.

It looks like you got the pushing in on braking sorted out.
It's a process lol. Thanks again for everyone's help Will fiddle around some more tomorrow and report back. Talking to "real life" people always much more enjoyable than support lines. And learning is half the fun of this hobby eh...

It makes a big difference, the tech "support" guys do thier best, usually, but there's nothing like talking it out with other hobbieist's that have shared in your headaches.
That and being able to post a few pic's N vid's can be invaluable in getting the issue you having out there, somebody has had a simular issue before and are bound to see it and know they had a similar issue.

Let us know how it works out for you, and don't forget to retune it after making these changes.

Isn't there a multifunction button on that TX,...thought that button toggles between different adjustments

from what the manual says, the set button is used for binding and "reversing" the servos...

Ya it does kind of suck, Ways to keep cost down. Also remember the remote is directional look away from the car and you also lose connection.

Ya it does kind of suck, Ways to keep cost down. Also remember the remote is directional look away from the car and you also lose connection.
I'd of thought they'd of been better...

I guess it can give better range, But if you turn your hands you can lose connection very quickly, its not really a big problem but i guess it could be.

They used to be a decent rtr rx/tx....one would think that now with all the telemetry their using the tx would be even better

I guess it can give better range, But if you turn your hands you can lose connection very quickly, its not really a big problem but i guess it could be.
After watching your video, pop the ball cup off the throttle slide, and push the slide all the way in.
Now set your idle gap to 1mm.

Now you need to adjust your throttle linkage, it should not be pushing in on the slide during braking like that, I assume the stop collar is too close ans the spring is being fully compressed.

Do you have a pic of the entire throttle linkage you can post.

Here is an update after doing the suggestion above, I have put it back together and like magic the Throttle adjustment screw now works. Counter clockwise the carb will close and clockwise the carb will open. Now it is just a matter of getting it outside again. Currently it is 38f and raining, so I didn't think these were the best conditions to test.

Last edited:

Here is an update after doing the suggestion above, I have put it back together and like magic the Throttle adjustment screw now works. Counter clockwise the carb will close and clockwise the carb will close. Now it is just a matter of getting it outside again. Currently it is 38f and raining, so I didn't think these were the best conditions to test.
Good to know it works :)

Also remember the remote is directional look away from the car and you also lose connection.

That really doesn't matter because you should NEVER look away from your vehicle while it is running. It only takes a split second for your vehicle to crash into someones car/truck, cause property damage or injure another person.

That really doesn't matter because you should NEVER look away from your vehicle while it is running. It only takes a split second for your vehicle to crash into someones car/truck, cause property damage or injure another person.

Well when i say look away I mean You can literally stare at the car with your eyes but if your remote points away from the car then you lose connection...

Yeah but if your chuck Norris you don't...

Back