Nitro Racing in PA (Harrisburgh - Philly)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get on ebay direct from the distributor guy (4get his name) for 170 and 230 respectively.

welcome

-Ult

shadow21 said:
What buggies and engines are you guys running.

I've got a Mugen mbx5 Prospec and a Top P5 (EB Mods). My son is running a regular mbx5 with a Rossi 3 port engine.

The "normal" setup around these parts is the Kyosho K2/K3 buggy with a WS7II. The engine of choice might be the OS VSpec now, but I haven't been to the track for a while.

Hey Shadow,welcome. I am going to be running Pitstop this year,in my mostly stock Storm. If you run there the B3 will be the hot ticket. Nice small track, the 3 port will shine. You will have to gear it differently for Hobby Hut.

At the mid/end of the year we were getting 4-6 buggys at Pitstop. Should be more this year,I am hearing of more and more people getting buggys.Chris(Corradopsi) and I will be there with our buggys and his brother is getting a buggy and will be racing some there i'm sure.It will be nuts if we get 10+ buggys there! I will run a truggy there from time to time so will Chris. See you there around April.

is pitstop the 1 near BnJ and you guys that u spoke of, not the 1 near philly? if so, it sounds like a plan to come up there when i'd like to hang w/others and nothing is goin on at NRC.

-Ult

Everything sounds good. I should be getting a buggy in the next few weeks. I might go down to pit stop and ask the owner if he needs help rebuilding the track. I was just in there and he said they will be redoing the track in a couple weeks.

what you guys think? i'm debatin buyin a revo at the expense of 1 or both of my current rides (storm pro and sut pro). thoughts?

-Ult

shadow, was it you i ran into today at pitstop. i was buying the storm for my brother?

anyway, we usually get a decent turnout of buggys at pitstop. its a nice small club so we can get through the rounds quickly and be home by a decent time for dinner. usually 1 round of each class. sometimes 2 rounds of gas truck or novice if a lot of guys show up. typically 5-9 buggys every week. everyone there is really nice and can help you with setup if you ask. i run an XB8 with a Vspec in it, my bro will have a Storm RTR+, and jeff runs a Storm RTR. there are a few other storms at the track, a few ofna's, a mugen, Mayhem, and every now and then a kyosho will turn up.

well ryan, if you get a revo, ditch the SUT. it would only make sense to just trade vehicles within the same class. keep the 1/8th scale because you KNOW you will kick yourself if you end up without one all together. even ill admit the revo is a damn good truck and parts support is EVERYWHERE for it.

Hey Ryan,just wait at least till the season starts to see if you want a change............

Hey guys, hows it going? I decided I'm going with the standard Kyosho mp777 and the collari 3 port engine. Is that going to hurt me at the hobby hut if i do make it there? UltegraSTI i saw your vids they look pretty good. Where were you shooting them at?

chris, how u do 2day? dont hear from ya much lately. saw u got bumped outta the A by an unfortunate car count last wk.

shadow. its at the NRC club track here near me. thx 4 the good words. this yr will be more vids, more tracks, more drivers captured, more action, better shots, better cameras. and i'm still gonna try and run a buggy and a unlim MT lol

-Ult

Hey guys hows it going today? I have a question for you local guys. I dont know if you guys are familiar with the Mushroom bowl in Kennet square but they have a off road track. I asked if they were running a series and they said only if there was enough interest. There is a track up but it needs a little work. Also its on alot of property so it could be as big as you want it to be. Would any of you be interested in racing there or interested in fixing up the track? Here is a link to the track http://www.mushroombowl.com/pictures-5.html

That is where i go to get most of my parts.I raced on that track 2 years ago.The track is all over grown with weeds.The rain has washed all of the jumps away.It needs to be completly redone.I would halp fix it.I have asked them but the do not really care if it is fixed.The said they need 15-20 racers to show up every weekend to stay open on Sundays.A lot of the guys who race onroad there will help too.I think you should talk to them and if they say you can the post a date that you will have a track cleanup day.

what class if any do you think can bring in 15-20 cars. From being on the forums lately it seems like maybe 1/8th buggy. The track does need work but i don't mind. The track i built before was from scratch in the middle of the woods so this is like a head start. I know they don't care if it is fixed which could be a big advantage because we could make it as nice as we want.

Hobby Hut is pretty close to that location. You're gonna have to build a wicked 8th scale track to draw guys away from the Hut, which might be a little hard without the hobby shop's support (ie money for dirt, building materials and equipment rental). Best of luck.

i'm startin to like this pit stop place, never been, but gettin nothin but good feedback bout it. and after all the crud goin on at BnJ. i dont mind rebuildin the cars for spring and not running. i honestly dont see myself goin back to BnJ, winter or otherwise. maybe once in a bit for my MT just for fun. but even that idk. 2 much BS.

-Ult

I think there are quite a few tracks in the area,it would be hard to pull so many away from other tracks.

Pit Stop is not perfect,but it is much better than BNJ IMO. Dont know if I will be back there(BNJ) much myself,certainly not in the warmer months! The track is very hard on the cars/trucks. And there seems to be more and more BS there too, I agree.

Yeah if not enough people show interest then i will just say forget aout it. I believe the racing would be on sunday instead of saturday like most tracks. Hobby hut is a good hr or so from the Mushroom Bowl so its not that close. Like i said I'm cool either way.

When i raced there before Electric buggy and nitro monster trucks where the popular classes.There is a lot of people around here who bash tmaxxes and revos who would come and race.On the traxxas forum there is about 6 people with monster truck that are always looking for a track or place to run their trucks.I thing it could be done.Right now there is about 30 people who race indoors.If you told them about it some of them would probaly come and race.The problem with the old track is it was to small and they did not take care of it.If it was bigger and people knew about it they whould come.When the Mushroom Bowl started they only had a dirt track and they had a lot of people comeing there.Know onroad is all they care about.If you got the ok to fix the track then i will come and help.

Back