nitro fuel %

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brookie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi all, can anyone tell me what fuel they would use in my savage, the engine has .21, 3.5 big block written on it, the person i got it off wasn't sure what fuel he used as it was a while ago, i got some 20% fuel which seems to work fine but wanted to no if this is the correct %, I'm new to the nitro rc world so any help would be great:)

From your description of the engine it does not sound like you have a .21. It sounds like you have a much bigger engine and if you post a pic you will get that engine identified. Over the years I've always used 20% and It's either traxxas or byrons. From a personal standpoint I'd rather deal with the mess of a fuel with more oil than risking the engine with low oil content.

Thats the right engine size .21=3.5
i use byrons 20%

---------- Post added at 4:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:31 PM ----------

you shoud stick with 20% fuel

thanks for your replys, sorry but give a bit of wrong imformation, the engine is .25 3.5 here is a picture.
savage020.jpg

I have the same question, I'm running 2 4.6 and a 5.9 and all have high end fuel starvation symptoms and tuning seems to have no affect so I'm wondering if my fuel type isn't correct. What % fuel do folks run with these larger engines?

It has great acceleration, pops easy wheelies, decent blue smoke (not a cloud, just a stream/trail) and sounds like it's running fine and then it sounds like it's starving out until you let up then it's fine again. The 5.9 is a brand new unit as is one of the 4.6, my other 4.6 is a little old but a good solid runner, all three exhibit the same behavior.

Am I just completely botching the tune or is something else up? It's consistent with ONLY my HPI engines. My MAC, OS and TRX engines all run great so I believe I understand basic tuning... or do I?

Any thoughts appreciated...

Dave

*Note- also checked head tightness, new hoses, hose routing (no pinching or near heat sources), exhaust seals, ,,,

Back