Nitro Blast additive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1500valk

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was looking at their website, www.nitroblast.com and was wondering if anyone has experience with this product? I have researched Slick 50, Duralube, and such when I saw them appear for full scale cars, and of course their claims are pure bunk (not that I would try them in my car, since I subscribe to the snake oil theory of these)
so... with that being said, I am immediately skeptical of the company's claims, but I keep an open mind.
Has anyone tried it? The reviews seem to indicate their claims as being true, so..... what do you guys think?

at eight bucks it seems like even if it didn't totally work out and just kinda worked you wouldn't be out much

Well, I don't want to take the chance of messin' up a brand new engine.

too bad I don't have any. Well, any that run r/c trucks.

I raced with a guy last year while living in Florida who swears by Nitro Blast. He started using it because of the high temps and humidity there in the summer. I must say that I myself was impressed with the way it worked for him. He always ran at much cooler temps then I ever did, and the old OS engine he raced with had more then enough power to keep up and pass guys who were running the high dollar Italian engines. And, to top it off he raced every weekend with an engine that was over 3 years old and had never been rebuilt.
I've been happy with racing with plan old Blue Thunder Race Formula fuel, but I plan on trying it myself when I need to get more fuel.

Just find out what oils are in your fuel and add small amounts to it when you refill the tank.....take note at what point you have added too much and the mill is just running rich and back off on your additive......my pit share guy and I use that trick w/ maxy's 25% and it's been doing real well for us....get loads more power on top w/o fade but it does get finicky on the low end....there's a fine line between running awsome and running like ass, but once it's there it stay's there....

Back