New TT-SCTE truck!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caguilar4

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I finally decided to jump on the electric boat and just got myself the TT-SCTE truck. Have not ran it yet, but truck looks sooo sweet. Got myself a pair of LiPOs, hoping to get a decent runtime.

This is my first electric and first sc truck big change from my nitro revo. can't wait to get my truck running!

Just wanted to share...:D

Have you ran it yet? What do you think of the truck? How does it compare to other trucks?Being this my first SCT, have no idea what to expect!

Well so.far I.like it, turns awesome, handles great, little nose heavy in the air. The steering is more precise compared to my slash, but very drivable. Over all so far A++

Great to here. I've only driven 1/8 buggies and my revo, both nitro. So I really dunno what to expect, lol.

Is it just me, or is everyone nervous the first time they charge their first LiPO pack? Lol!

You're right! here ya go!

photo-26.jpg

photo-27.jpg

Ok, so I just got back from my local BMX track and this little thing is awesome! as expected power is no where near my nitro monster truck, but still, got some pretty descent jumps, excellent cornering stability., I guess the stock tires work really well on dry loose dirt.

So I am running 2S2P 5300 40C LiPO packs, if I change to 3s packs... will I get more power out of the motor?

Here is a pic from today

photo-28.jpg

I'm guessing it's a brushed setup, because you said less power than nitro. Go with a brushless esc/motor and you might not ever touch your nitro truck again. :)

I'm guessing it's a brushed setup, because you said less power than nitro. Go with a brushless esc/motor and you might not ever touch your nitro truck again. :)

Well, it is actually a brushless setup...

Then it's got lots more power than the nitro. Wake it up with a 3s.

I.had 3s in my slash, and I had to go to a 2s to slow it down was way to much. So ya a 3s will wake it it up. When I bought my losi scte he said that if you wanna see some good speed go.to.a 3s. The esc can handle up to a 4s.

So today I decided to look over my Esc and motor, to see if anything could be done to make it go faster. Turns out, I needed to calibrate my Esc!!! I was just getting half the power evry time I punched the throttle! Now this thing is FLYING!!

This is what I was looking for! Maybe Ill go for a 3s pack for bashing, but for racing at my local track I can only use 2s packs. So I am all good to go!

I knew something had to be off.

As I am fairly new, and all I have ever owned is nitro, how long of a run time do you normally get from electric? Was thinking of making the switch myself, but still looking at all the pro's and con's off both!!

Back