New truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penalty333

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i want an electric truck but dont know which one I'm thinking the rustller or the slash they are in my price range and I've heard good things about both of them. Ill just be using to drive and bash maybe jumps. So what are you thoughts?

I've had both, slash is undoubtedly more durable and in my opinion more fun to drive because it has a scale look and handles better. neither of them are good in grass or extreme terrain though so don't get your hopes up thinking either of them will be able to be great backyard bashers. you can't go wrong with either car, they're both really fun to drive!

If you're just going to bash mainly, keep in mind that low slung SC or stadium rigs are going to have some trouble on certain surfaces, like high grass. Something with a bit more ground clearance would be better for a basher, like Stampede or something along those lines.

or an emaxx(my first car) is a great start and you get alot of torque and control when i got my hands on a 2wheel drive wasn't much of a fan cause the big monster was better.

I'm a bigger supporter of MT's anyway so I would +1 for tmaxxman^. The higher ground clearances will allow you to play in more areas that the slash or rusty can't get to because of the lower ground clearances. Dont get me wrong they are both fun (I dont have a rusty but do have a T4) but for all around bashing the MT reigns supreme IMO

If your mind is set on either the rustler or slash, I would go the slash. The stampede is a great rig also.

Slash and Rustler are both good kits. I love my VXL Rusty :) I would go MT though if your looking for a back yard basher for the ground clearance.

Thanks i think ill save more money and get the eemaxx

Back