new to truggys

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdeck777

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i used to have an electric rustler bout 5 years ago, since then i had a nitro 4 tec and jus finished my rebuild of tmaxx 2.5 project... i think truggys are the best and i want to get back into them.. i want to do a complete build of a truggy>>meaning new everything... new engine, suspension, chassis,,, the works.. i dont wanna race it but i want it to RIPPPPP!!!!! needs to go fast at least 50mph>> a glorified truggy.

so my question is what roller should i start with...i have no idea where the truggy game is right now.. so all advice will be helpful..

I AM USING YOU GUYS ON THIS SITE TO BUILD MY T-RUG

thanks

best buy right now is on stormer hobbies they have a hot bodies lightning pro roller for 214.00 its a nice truggy it has all the goodies on it .check it out

The Lightning Pro is old tech. You can get the more current D8T for not much more....

good lookin bronx thats wat I'm lookin for cuz I'm gonna replace everything on it neways.
and moto the D8T is sick but its like 330 plus prolly the 200 I'm gonna put in it..or more not tryin to break the bank completly ya kno..good lookin out tho guys appreciate it

Remember, you get what you pay for. Don't buy junk, ur gona end up fixing more than playing. Last truggy I bought was mugen, alittle more money but it dosent break and it will wax or keep up with any other top of the line truggy.

I got my D8T roller for $80 from a local racer ;-) There are deals to be had for sure....

I got my D8T roller for $80 from a local racer ;-) There are deals to be had for sure....

hey I'm a older guy with some extra money not much but enough to have some fun with this hobby .i just can't see people wasting thers on the newest and best .new and improved only means its cheaper to make .these companies are not here to make cars they are here to make money . i have 38 cars and trucke and close to 20 grand into this stuff i speak from experience .I'm 54 i still feel like a kid when I'm out with my ten year old godson bashing my stuff with him / he is a better driver then me now .i guess thats just life

Newer cars are easy to get parts for....I never said they were made better ;-) Just easier/cheaper to fix than older cars.