new to rock crawling

• Thread starter two stroke cold smoke
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two stroke cold smoke

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey I'm new to this rc crawling thing, i have never owned any electric car over 1/28 scale....:ahem: but i have had 3 nitros and i want to get into crawling. can anyone help me get started and tell me whats to get?

thanks.

most people start with clod buster axles and build up from there. there is a guy on this forum run2jeepin makes a frame called the pimp cane its the best deal i have found and i looked all over! 47.00 bucks the same thing from a diffrent web site they want 220.00 bucks so it is by far the best deal! the better the chassi the better the crawler. good luck happy crawlen

most people start with clod buster axles and build up from there. there is a guy on this forum run2jeepin makes a frame called the pimp cane its the best deal i have found and i looked all over! 47.00 bucks the same thing from a diffrent web site they want 220.00 bucks so it is by far the best deal! the better the chassi the better the crawler. good luck happy crawlen

Thanks...It's not the Same, but Just as good or some say better. Anyway, there are millions of ways to start off. Plan on spending 300 or more. Figure what axles and what class of Crawler you want. Then go from there.

oh thanks that sounds awsome... so whats everything i need other than the chassis and axes?

oh thanks that sounds awsome... so whats everything i need other than the chassis and axes?

Clod based needs
Axles
Motor Mounts
Pinions
Motors
ESC
Radio Gear
Servo
Chassis (Pimp Cane)
or
Chassis w/ links and Shocks
Wheels and Tires

TLT Based
Axles
Motor
Wheels and Tires
Tranny
Pinion and Spur
Chassis w/ Links and Shocks
ESC
Radio gear
Servo
*Alot of the time you need Wideners to clear links on TLT's

Both come out about the sale price by the end. But the Clod can be upgraded to a Super later on. Plus a Clod is BOMB proof when built into a 2.2...You take a 2.2 Clod and add CVD's and Straight axle's. Then you have a Atom Bomb Proof...:)

Clod based needs
Axles
Motor Mounts
Pinions
Motors
ESC
Radio Gear
Servo
Chassis (Pimp Cane)
or
Chassis w/ links and Shocks
Wheels and Tires

TLT Based
Axles
Motor
Wheels and Tires
Tranny
Pinion and Spur
Chassis w/ Links and Shocks
ESC
Radio gear
Servo
*Alot of the time you need Wideners to clear links on TLT's

Both come out about the sale price by the end. But the Clod can be upgraded to a Super later on. Plus a Clod is BOMB proof when built into a 2.2...You take a 2.2 Clod and add CVD's and Straight axle's. Then you have a Atom Bomb Proof...:)
i was thinking of clod based, do u have everything on your website?

sry jeepin you are right not the same! bad choice of words on my part lol.

does the pimp cane chassis come with axes and shocks? or does it not because you said Chassis (Pimp Cane) or Chassis w/ links and Shocks Wheels and Tires.

jeepn can explain it best. but the cane does not need shocks. it is really up to him to tell ya how it works. he is the expert he is real good about helpin he helped and still is helpin me.i to am buildin my first crawler.

if you wanna see a pic of the cane go to the main page for crawlers look for the thread 2.2 pimp cane clod it showes pics!

Back