New Tmaxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigtommy9285

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm getting a new T Maxx 3.3. I want to ask what the weak points are so i can go ahead and order a few up grades. I'm in iraq and its hard to get fule and it takes a minimum of two weeks to get parts. I would like to eleminate some inital problem arias by ordering replacement parts with the truck. What usualy breaks first?

I'm getting a new T Maxx 3.3. I want to ask what the weak points are so i can go ahead and order a few up grades. I'm in iraq and its hard to get fule and it takes a minimum of two weeks to get parts. I would like to eleminate some inital problem arias by ordering replacement parts with the truck. What usualy breaks first?

I would recommend replacing the bulkheads with alluminum ones as well as upgrading the control arms with RPM upper and lowers

Make sure the slipper clutch is adjusted right and try not to cream anything! The bulks and a-arms are a great idea for sure. Break 'er in by the book and get ready for some fun. Best of luck and enjoy!

I was going to suggest a roll cage...but...I'm thinking in Iraq sand would be more of an issue. A really good double air filter might be a better suggestion ontop of the bulkheads and A-arms. one other thing you might consider is getting a full skid(front, center, rear) underneath it to stop some of the sand from getting in.

Shock socks to keep the sand out. So far in 3 month I have had a shock go threw the fuel tank, the rod got threw the block and some steering parts fail. The whole truck is week if you ask me.

Shock socks to keep the sand out. So far in 3 month I have had a shock go threw the fuel tank, the rod got threw the block and some steering parts fail. The whole truck is week if you ask me.

Well then i can just buy yours! send it on over lol!

bulk heads and a arms aluminum is a def. aluminum skid plates wouldnt be a bad idea either. trust me from my experience with my t maxx those are the things that seem to break easy oh and keep extra glow plugs on hand

The whole truck is week if you ask me.

i agree with you on this!

well if the whole truck is week would you sugest any other truck at a comparable price?

since you already ordered the maxx just get the rpm arms and aluminum bulkheads andyeah since your in Iraq i would get the shock socks i dont know what T Maxx 3.3 was doing when he sent a shock through the fuel tank but trust me thats a 1 in a 1000000 chance type of thing, and oh get the traxxas big bores and STAY AWAY FROM ALUMINUM SKIDS

since you already ordered the maxx just get the rpm arms and aluminum bulkheads andyeah since your in Iraq i would get the shock socks i dont know what T Maxx 3.3 was doing when he sent a shock through the fuel tank but trust me thats a 1 in a 1000000 chance type of thing, and oh get the traxxas big bores and STAY AWAY FROM ALUMINUM SKIDS

Well i havent ordered it yet there on back order I'm trying to make shure i can get fuel for it befor i buy one. I ordered 10 bottles of fuel from RCPlanet and thay canceled he order saying thay couldnt ship fuel to iraq!
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

you should read the post in the "general rc nitro talk" section of the forum titled Operation: Iraq nitro fuel. They should be able to get you hooked up with some of the smack you need.
:)

I was jumping my t-maxx and the shock popped off and went threw the tank and this isnt a 1 in a million thing as i have heard of others doing this too.

Back