New team losi 1/8scale buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think KX is right about seeing it on the Pro podiums soon....BUT, I don't think this will be the club racing champ the others have been in the last few years, Losi makes great designs but aren't very tough for the avg driver....so unless you drive like a pro it's probably going to spend more time in the pit than on the track....that's my 2 cents

Hey Guys,

According to Losi's site the 8ight will have machined alumnium shock towers, and I am sure alot of other parts as well. The parts you see are just for the prototype.

Tom

I guess for me it all boils down to it being a Losi, I'm just giving excuses not to like it!

I can't say I am a fan of Losi, but I really can't say I am not a fan of Losi either. I have never owned one. I am thinking about getting the XXX-T MF2 electric toward the end of the summer. I don't know how good it is though. I figure I would cross that bridge when I get there. How is Losi's track record? It must not be very good! LOL

Tom

Losi actually has a pretty good track record. I'm an Associated guy, myself. The losi's tend to be more steering-oriented, whereas the AE's are rather pushy. It just depends on your driving style, and what you prefer. I have had almost all the Losi trucks, and almost all the AE trucks, and I can tell ya, I prefer the AE's over losi anyday.

HeartBreak said:
Losi actually has a pretty good track record. I'm an Associated guy, myself. The losi's tend to be more steering-oriented, whereas the AE's are rather pushy. It just depends on your driving style, and what you prefer. I have had almost all the Losi trucks, and almost all the AE trucks, and I can tell ya, I prefer the AE's over losi anyday.

I really don't know which one I will end up with... I kinda like the looks of the 2WD buggies... kinda takes me back to the days when I was driving the Sears crap. It may have been crap but it held up to my abuse! LOL I just like the look of the 2wd buggies. How are they to drive, and who makes the best 2wd kit, Losi or Associated? Also would you guys go with the 2wd buggy or the 2wd stadium? Thanks

Tom

I've driven AE and there pretty nice,but everybody at my track race's losi,I've seen them in action and there pretty damn quick,i can't imagine losi would cut corner's ont eh eighth,I'm sure it's gonna be better then it looks,and dale,I've driven and owned a 2wd buggy and stadium truck,and the buggy outhandle's a st,but it is more leaned towards the track,2wd's st's are pretty nice,unless you were racing the st would be the way to go.

I've got the B3 (buggy) T3 (truck) and GT. All three are a blast to drive. The last time I ran on a track, I was outrunning XXX's. It's largely a driving style preference, but i prefer a car I can push hard into a corner, over a car that's going to skid out if you don't slow up enough or brake too hard.

I definately agree with Got Nitro; the RC10T3 or T4 (the newest rendition) would be the way to go. They're a little less 'twitchy', but fast none-the-less.

However, personally, I'd go with both :D. The only downside is the common parts between them are not all that many (aside from trans gears, cases, and a few other parts). They are a lot of fun, and teach you to drive with the middle range of the throttle.

I've driven the FT T3 And i Ownder a factory B3 and i would have to say that those were the best electric model's I've ever ran,I dunno about the T4 or B4 but I'm sure they are better than the last models,givem all a try.

I am doing all the reading I can..... an electric 2wd buggy or ST will be my next purchase. Man... I haven't even gotten the CR built yet and already planning for the next ride...... Man I am addicted... big time!

Tom

Personally I would go with the associated model. They tend to hold together better. Losi is made for people that don't wreck. Associated is a tried and prooven truck. Just my .02

vbgagnon said:
Personally I would go with the associated model. They tend to hold together better. Losi is made for people that don't wreck. Associated is a tried and prooven truck. Just my .02

That is what I have heard too, and I am definitely not someone who doesn't wreck... by far! RC10's have been around forever. I am just looking to get into something a bit different than nitro and something I can run with minimal equipment... I am also hoping that driving the 2wd electric will help me with my 1/8 4wd nitro!

If you had the choice between the buggy or the ST.... what would you choose and why? Thanks guys.

Tom

For my choice,it would be the st,Buggy's are nice,they handle,and are pretty quick,but the St give's you a tad more ground clearance,pretty good handlling,and it's more forgiving,for me i don't race much,so a buggy really isn't the best of choice's,but having a st give's the chance to bash more than a buggy and if i wanted i could head to the track and know that I'm gonna be pretty good,As for me i would run the T4 Or the XXX-TMF2,Either way I'm sure i personally would be happy,i tend to wreck sometimes but you'll learn from it,Both truck's will break,so it's a toss up of what my skill and driving experince and or prefernce would be better for me.

Hey its a a prototype just think down the line carbon fiber ..aluminum... hey lets race:OMG:

vbgagnon said:

Hey VB... what is your opinion on wether or not to go with a buggy or an ST? What do you prefer?

Tom

LOSI Buggy

Ahh a LOSI EIGHT Scale Buggy :banana: Lets just see what they put out on the market :wasted: ... Plastic for carbon fiber I'll Run It !!!:breakdown

Update,I dunno if it's the driver's and the buggy,or if it's all driver's but this round was pretty much taken by losi.

RC Pro Series East Division Round 1
Hosted by The Farm II
April 28-29

Team Losi drivers Adam Drake and Travis Amezcua attended the Eastern RC Pro Series Round 1 at The Farm II for the debut race of the Team Losi 8ight. The pre production version of the Team Losi 8ight showed awesome speed by taking Top Qualifying honors with Travis Amezcua as the pilot. In the first round of qualifying Travis took the TQ position for the round by 20 seconds. He later went on to TQ rounds 2, 3, and 4. Right behind Travis was 2nd Qualifier Adam Drake also piloting a pre production Team Losi 8ight. At the end of the 45 minute A-Main event it was Adam Drake taking the overall win with his Team Losi 8ight by nearly an entire lap

First and second place in its debut race? A large part of that is the buggy. If nothing else because it didn't break. I suspect you will see more dominace coming from the 8ight camp. As I have said before, Losi doesn't know how to fail.

Back