New team losi 1/8scale buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for find the pics of the new engine Ben. I looked all over for those.

Clintd said:
I think it's in cc's
3.5 cubic centimeters is the same as .21 cubic inch

My bad,I've been having brain fart's latelly,i can't wait till this 1/8th hit's the shelves,it's going to make my choosing between a buggy and a truggy alot harder.

what do you guys think about the holes in the chasis for the front and rear diffs. its to let them sit lower but what about when the chasis wears? It will start wearing the diff? Nad it dosnt take long for the chasis to wear.

Another notch in the belt for Losi's 8ight: Drake TQ'ed all four rounds of RC Pro Series West Round 1, and won by TWO LAPS!!

OK here I go ... What the Hell is a "MR Ninja" engine :ponder2: (sorry if its a Dumbbb question:banana: ) I'm kinda of new to this :breakdown and hey is the Nova P5 a better engine?

That truggy is a lst2 truggy run by Adam Drake. Apparently it was stupid fast! But I doubt it will be for sale anytime soon.

losilstruggyproto21in.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think anyone pointed this out but I am really wondering about this

8ight 1/8 4WD Competition Buggy Kit

Specs
Type: Competition Buggy Kit
Scale: 1/8
Length: 19.5" (495mm)
Width: 12.13" (308mm)
Wheelbase: 12.64"- 12.80" (321-325mm)
Fuel Tank Capacity: Adjustable

how can that be? I really want to see that.

It probably has a ballast fitting, like the new GT tank does. It's just a little plastic peice that attachs to the inside of the tank with a screw. Probably the same thing, only square.

edit; just like this:

5f787800.jpg

edit2; resized.

Last edited:
wow... I am not sure why you would want to limit your tanks size.... esp is it is roar legal . I have a feeling that it could fix the lean issue on a bigger tank.
Also thanks for the picture that really helps a lot.

No prob; Losi's will prolly be square, since AE's is round. It's the same concept, really. AE's is actually a 175cc (I think) tank. The insert displaces enough fuel to make it a 150cc (I think), therefore making it roar-legal. Losi's will probably be slightly larger for the average joe basher, with the option for the insert, so if the 'pro' model is raced, it'll be legal.

Travis Amezcua swept all four rounds of qualifying for the ROAR Nationals with the Losi 8ight. That has never been done before. Sure, the guy is good, but look at the list of people he competed against, it wasn't like a local race with one or two other pros it was everyone. That says alot for the buggy. Drake got 5th qualifying spot, so both buggies are in the top 5. Race is tomorrow. They are going to be doing radio coverage on racetalklive for the main, and all weekend for articles and pics on Neobuggy's site.

Back