new savage flux owner!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausher

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Not only new to savage, but new to brushless. I bought it used, but was practically new other than the top of the body being scuffed up. Got it at my local shop. The owner thought it was way too much power for him. Paid $550 for it and it came with a set of hpi phat lines. Don't know if it was a good deal, but since they seem to be back ordered everywhere it still was less than new without waiting.
IMG_20130413_185042_463_zps3f43cb54.jpg

one question so far...

this was plugged in the slot under channel #2 in the receiver... what is/was it for? that slot was un marked...
IMG_20130413_200718_058_zpsd5bd7ce6.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! 4s or 6s lipo? Either way your gonna have a blast I'm sure!

Right now 4s. I ordered two 3s tho and the castle link. Don't know if the previous owner ever reprogrammed the ESC. On 4s it can get out of hand quick. Can't wait to see how it is on 6s!!!
May gear it higher to compensate for the increased power. What is the stock pinion?

I can't remember what the stock gearing is. But with phalt lines its going Tobe quick on asphalt, mine gets sqiurrely on the stock tires with 4s to the point where it scares me. I've turned brake down to the 30% with the castle link, I've heard that's alot better for the batteries that dont have a high discharge rates. Any used one is going to have that on the roof it flips regardless of the wheelie bar or not, the fact that yours has very little on it is good. I love it so far and the upgrades are endless, I hope to have mine were in want it in a years time first thing though is a high powered charging station.

Will the castle link program work with Windows8?

From CC website
*NOTE: Castle Link software requires a Castle Link USB Adapter - sold separately and a computer that is running Windows. Castle Link is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista*, and Windows 7*.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

I read that was wondering if anyone used it with win8. I ordered the adaptor and if it won't work on win8 I guess I'll have to hook up my old PC...

I think it should be, I know for windows 7 I had to download it specifically they way they said to. Even that way I was given a bunch of files spread out through my pc which I just created a new folder and moved them all to there.

As long as you haven't downloaded anything the same day you downloaded the castle link software you'll be able to know what belongs to it.

Its a fun truck for sure. 6s is actually too much unless you just want to show off. Castle even says 4s is the sweet spot. One thing I did like about it is there really isn't anything you can upgrade. The truck was built from the factory with all the option parts except the extended chassis which is a good upgrade. Even with the extended chassis I could do standing back flips with mine. Now, don't get me wrong I only ran mine on 6s. Lol a castle link is a must to dial the punch down. I got mine to 55 on phaltlines and stock gearing with quite a bit of throttle left. I kept running out of space because at almost any throttle you can pick the front wheels up.

Is the ESC water proof? Was raining a bit. Had to see what the fully charged 4s could do....

With Vista and windows 7 theres always a problem installing the Castle software, you need to remember to Run as Admin with installing it. Could be the same for windows 8....

yea I had to run as admin to get it to work with win8, but after that it was all good to go!

this thing is crazy on 6s and quite fun for an electric! broke my first part on it. the pinion for the rear diff... kinda neglected the revo, but still kinda chilly out for it anyways.

Back