new merv!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mn Monster

RCNT Nitro Sniffer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i just picked up a mini e revo, should be here in about a week, what lipos are you guys running in your merv's ????? thanks!

yeah i can't wait, as a nitro guy i really don't have much experience with electric rigs, but i'm stoked to get this thing, and tear around ! they look like a blast ! what brand of lipos are you using ?

Congrats on the new rig!! I run either 2s 2200 nano techs, or 3s 1600mah Turnigy packs in mine. You'll likely want to trim the battery doors for the wires to come out the back, and the 1600 have to be stuffed in there, but they'll work. :D

are they 7.4 ? or 11.1 ?

I use the Venom 1300 mAH 3s packs in mine. Crazy power!

i should have it in my hands on Tuesday ! can't wait to to get this thing out and rip it up ! is there a setting on the esc for lipo vs nimh batteries ?

Yes. It will come setup for Ni-MH packs. It will have a warning card on the ESC explaining how to set it up for li-po packs. These little things run a long time on li-po's, quite surprising.

You also need to remember that LiPos can be only be run in parallel not series on the mERV.

I would run SPC 3S Li-Po's in parallel. Runs cool at 23 pinion stock spur. Get the center diff. Shim front and rear diffs. Change shock oil to 70wt and get hot racing aluminum shocks to get rid of shocks leaking. RPM arms when stock breaks. Servo will go on you, look into Hi-Tec waterproof. ESC may go on you, don't abuse it. Aluminum shock mounts too. $25/Li-Po.

If the rear diff is properly shimmed there are no worries on 3s. I've never had a problem on mine that wasn't operator error (can you say melted slipper?).

i got a used one, it's in pretty good shape, lots of tire wobble, ordered some new RPM parts to fix the issue. but what a fun little beast this is ! running 2s lipos and WOW ! have not even thought about running them with 2 packs in parallel. i like doing standing backflips !!!