New! LCG TVPs from HPI!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how come HPI always bring out parts which have already been made

Some people like the official stuff. Ford guys want Ford Racing parts, GM guys want GM Performance parts, etc.

is there an engine mounting plate or will we be screwed like I was with my faslane machine lcg tvp's I just tried to install? The rear diff cup hits the rear cross brace on the engine mount plate... and the one made by vertigo racing is $50 with shipping.

If you look at the images in the link it comes with a new engine mount plate and it is clearanced for the dogbone since it does sit so much lower...

savage yo-yo said:
is there an engine mounting plate or will we be screwed like I was with my faslane machine lcg tvp's I just tried to install? The rear diff cup hits the rear cross brace on the engine mount plate... and the one made by vertigo racing is $50 with shipping.

Have you tried contacting them about the problem? That is a MAJOR design flaw, I'm sure they have a solution. I would really hesistate mixing and matching engine plates between manufacturers.

hpi is into stealing others ideas. like the guy who made the clear radio box cover than hpi came out with one. now the lcg. copy off skip.
selling my k46 w/ 23mm hex and cheyenne/big joes, skid plates all around, and 3 speed $250 +shipping. needs radio gear.

arawak420 said:
hpi is into stealing others ideas. like the guy who made the clear radio box cover than hpi came out with one. now the lcg. copy off skip.

HPI is a large corporation, there are many people and large amounts of money involved in the process... it's not like some of the smaller operations that have one guy that draws up the part and another that turns them out on the CNC. HPI lets guys like SKIP, Fastlane Machine, Vertigo Performance, Fullforce RC etc. do all the market research for them. If it's profitable they do it.

Last edited:
savage yo-yo,

i'm going throw out my support to the manufacturers. its almost common sense when doing any modification to a mass produced item, you'll need to do some modifying to make them work. most mods are not direct drop in set ups. There are plenty of threads stating when buying these LCG, u need to modify the chasss braces to let the cups clear. Before u buy something or go knocking people and what they make, do the research first on the item. a simple 5 minute search would have revealed the need to notch the braces.

now to solve your problem, u can take a dremel and grind away about 1/3 of the cross brace in ether a square cut out or moon shaped cut. this will give u the needed clearance to use a stock moter plate.

i've done this to my plate and have yet to have any issues...

savage yo-yo said:

Now why would someone have to find a "thread" on modifying a part when the manufacturer should have included instructions in the first place.

Let's say somebody who doesn't visit online R/C forums goes on ebay and buys a set of the Fastlane TVPs. They get to his door and no instructions are in the packaging as to what modificatons are needed to get them to work. As a consumer he has every right to get upset, a simple one page diagram would do wonders to ensure the consumer can fix the problem themselves.

Lol
I bought the whole set up
Motor mount
Extended swing arms
Bulk heads
Lpv tvp's
Shock towers
Fastlane rc products are a fantastic brand I've put my savage through hell and back and it's still going strong
But some more info on their products for the customer would of been appreciated

---------- Post added at 3:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:16 PM ----------

From the comment above
depu4a9e.jpg

^^I also did this^^

As I seen it, why mismatch parts when the company (FLM) has already come up with a solution. I also wouldn't buy something from ebay without a bit of background googling.

Haha this thread is 9 years old! plus it's a non issue now. Please just let it rest in peace.

So I just got to ask what happened to Skip I bought some of his .5" extended TVPs years ago and then he just fell off the face of the earth?

Damn. I got excited when I read the thread topic. Was thinking something new came out.

Lol hey
That's why I put the kit on the thing
I bought the whole kit

---------- Post added at 2:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:15 AM ----------

To kick up dust that is
Sorry people new to the forum
and am just getting some old rc'a out

Back