New engine options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exmark93

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well my f4.6 has an air leak and I'm not really motivated to fix it, it has almost 4 gallons though it. I've read lots of posts saying the LRP .28 is a great engine and easy to tune but I've also heard the picco .28 is THE BEST out there for a savage, though they can be a b!t@h to tune and can have air leaks.

I don't have a problem with sealing a new engine out of the box, whichever engine i choose will be completely sealed by me anyways. but is there a big difference in tuning, i don't want to have to spend a whole tank attempting to get a great tune out of the picco. and if I'm not the best tuner will it show in the longevity of the picco if it doesn't have the best tune every time?

also will either of these engines be a drop in replacement to my savage? i don't care about the rotostart fitting, id rather have a pull start and save some money on OWBs :hehe:

LRP's & Picco are good motors... Since your looking for a powerplant for your savage I would drop in a HPI Nitro STAR 4.6 & are not that bad to tune I have an HPI Bullet 3.0 & havent had any tuning issues.

the nitro star f4.6 is a great engine for stock. but an lrp is only 20$ more than a f4.6

I'd go with the Picco myself. I had a .26 Maxx in my Revo.It took me less than a 1/4 of a tank of fuel to get tuned in for the day on my worst day.

Damn a vote for hpi lrp and picco.... Time to go to the track and talk to the hardcore nitro guys