New Baja 5b SS Problems!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so I built me a 5b SS from a kit and I got it painted up.....good receiver pack....made sure I was running gas correct mixture....and I fired it up for the first time. It seemed to run ok I guess at first. It was a bit sluggish but I understand that is because it is a new engine and they are like that at first. About 2/3 through the first tank it start running strange and stuff starts coming out from behind the engine....nasty looking stuff. I have never had a nitro look like this. I am not sure it this is normal or not so I have attached a couple pictures.....any ideas of what this stuff is? It's all over the buggy! Notice I put it up on a box to keep the wheels off the ground because I don't want to get it dirty.

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg
:whhooo::first_place:

Last edited:
i see you mowed the yard.. :D looks like you had a blast, someone get the crash cart before rolex gets here.

seriously though, if you are having a problem, i can't see anything but grass in the pics.. gonna need better pics.

Naw it was running good.....man I have never had a nitro tear up grass like that.....holy crap....my back yard is destroyed!...heh heh heh. Grass rooster tails......I love it!

I can't say it enough... Once you go large scale you'll never go back!

I can't say it enough... Once you go large scale you'll never go back!

not true.
i had a fg monster, now i drive savage and will drive buggy, just due to large scales dont fit in with most others. so for not being a alone driver i would always go smaller just to get experience. everybody can do large scale its so much easier then smaller scales:)

with that said,
nice looks :)

baja is a kick a$$ rig to have

I bet Rolex is hyperventilating right now fumbling to scroll past the pics.

its not about speed its about group integrity in my position at least, there is no large scale drivers around, and the fun is not to drive alone in my eyes :)

I can see your point, but for me the hassle of nitro takes away from my fun. I do bash alone often as I am a trucker and always on the road, BUT I just spent the weekend bashing with board members and had a blast just look at my vids I posted :)

Well I am not getting rid of all my Nitros for sure. I have way to many to do that but that thing is going to be a kick in the pants.....I can't wait to get it tuned in and really running. All the crap it threw everywhere was at the most half throttle.......But Shaker I do see your point too. However, I do most of my running in the back yard so it's ok for me.

I can see your point, but for me the hassle of nitro takes away from my fun. I do bash alone often as I am a trucker and always on the road, BUT I just spent the weekend bashing with board members and had a blast just look at my vids I posted :)

I agree with you - when comparing large scale to nitro is a night and day difference. No more constant tuning, tweaking, etc - just start and run and you're good to go for about 30-40mins until you need to refill again. :D

Oh my goodness....so what you guys are saying is this is normal and that is....gasp....DIRT on my new ride? I have learned sooo much from Rolex and he has always told me that is the WORST thing for them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness....so what you guys are saying is this is normal and that is....gasp....DIRT on my new ride? I have learned sooo much from Rolex and he has always told me that is the WORST thing for them!

lol,you better clean your rig after every run and it will be in much better condition,dirt gets everywhere and it can damage some parts so it's better to get rid of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I did clean it up a good bit before I bedded it down for the day....With out an air comperssor I don't know what I would do. It still needs a bit more cleaning but at this point....Looks like it is all about having fun with it.

aww man that looks like thats lots of fun, i wish i had big monies :(:(

i had a 5B and i would still take my savage over it. It was fun but parts are just entirely too expensive for it. I paid 500 for the truck and after i got a cart together of what i figured were essential upgrades, (shock shafts, driveshafts, outerwears, few tr braces and some dark soul stuff) i had nearly 1K in parts.

I also don't have anywhere to run something that big so it was kinda pointless.

nice rigs tho and certainly cool if you can use them

i had a 5B and i would still take my savage over it. It was fun but parts are just entirely too expensive for it. I paid 500 for the truck and after i got a cart together of what i figured were essential upgrades, (shock shafts, driveshafts, outerwears, few tr braces and some dark soul stuff) i had nearly 1K in parts.

I also don't have anywhere to run something that big so it was kinda pointless.

nice rigs tho and certainly cool if you can use them

but it's kinda cheap to run them,just add oil and gas and you ready to go...
also they are much easier to keep in tune while nitro engines are very tricky.
I wish that I could buy Baja 5b :\

Back