Need Help Picking a New engine.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.30savage

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys,i need a new engine for my savage and i would like to know what a honest to good strong..reliable motor.One that holds a tune well,and has gobs of power for some good ole bashing.I've read about a few of them and the general public say that the k4.6 is like a .21 when compared to a SH pro .28.If in fact that this is true i would like something like that.But what else is out there..i would like to stick with the .28 size as that seems to be plenty for my needs...so a engine and a pipe combo would be nice..i'm not a track racer just a basher.

thanks Joe

I just put a new 4.6 on my savage. I broke it in and did some tuning and it holds a tune fairly well. but there is no huge difference from the .25 that was orignally on it.

Didn't you have a collori? how did that work out?

The collari is awesome...it's in my EXT savage...this one is for my other ss savage..it has the k4.6 in it.So with this new motor which ever it is...i would like a good well built motor...but as stated before...would like to stay in the .28 range with this one.

I've heard a lot of really good things about the picco .27

i bought one at the end of last year but havent been able to break it in yet to give you a first hand review

Do you know if there's a chart that rates the sts 28,SH 28 pro,nova rossi 28,or the rb concepts 28,or the lrp 28 or the axial 28..and the picco .27?
...these are the motors i found on different sites and on e-bay.

-Joe

Back