need help! JR XS3 or Futaba 3PM?? help me decide

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarFanatic

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
jr xs3 wit z270 and z590m servos since you can't just get the stick
or
or Futaba 3pm with my choice of servos

I like the idea of no crystals and being able to select your frequency. I have never used a Jr radio, always had futabas. Technology has changed since I built my last car. What do you guys recomend?? Also what servos??

This will be going in the new savage SS 4.6 once my truck comes in.

Thanks

Last edited:
The 3PM is nice. I ahve used it on a friends r/c. I always used Futaba till recently. I have the JR XS3 and my brother has the XS3Pro. We love them! THe ease of use is incredible and adjustability is there. The only thing that the JR doesn't have is the ABS system.

I love my synthesized JR. I have had to change frequencies many times.

IS the abs really worth it?

what about servos?

ABS is a nice feature but not necessary. I always adjust the brakes according to the track and feel that the ABS takes away from the last minute braking that I have grown accustomned to in on-road racing.

The servos are nice and are adequate but I prefer to use ones that specify to my own needs. For a monster truck, you will need a hightorque servo for steering. I am not too familiar with the servos that come with the radio so I won't respond to that part of the question.

the jr xs3 pro comes with 1 high torque and 1 standard cheapo servo. the futaba PM has a package that comes with only 1 high torque servo. it's up to you to decide which radio to purchase. i can tell you one thing about the JR xs3 pro that i don't like. it eats up batteries like there is no tomorrow.

Back