Need Feedback

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GGASMAN

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
this is my first try with real fire.

realfire.jpg

realfire2.jpg

looks pretty damn sweet man...maybe its the picture, but it doesn't really look like fire...but still pretty awesome looking

looks good, but you might want to refresh your technique. Head over to www.cfxpaintworks.com and see Xtreme's how to on it to refine the use of transparents to build up the color. Looks good, but the transparents aren't quite there.

ok, ya i painted this with faskolor

You ever see those pictures of the sky from like the north pole when there are alot of the colors thats exactly what you did looks like. This isnt an insult in anyway. If you ever get to see it or have you will know what I am talking about. I think it looks hot.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Looks good, but I think the colors are just wrong. With the right colors, I think it would have looked mint. Still nice job.

It Looks perfect outside of the white. Do not use white as its own layer but as part of the yellow layer. use it to highlight the yellow. make the white follow the same lines as the yellow. use white to make the yellow glow. Do a little less white and then lay the yellow down directly over the white. hope this makes sense and helps you out.

thanks for the help guy's , i am going to work on it some more tonight.

I agree with different colors it would look much better, but it does look good now. I like the skull sparyed into it as well. Nice touch!

-Michael

I'd say it's a bit busy. A lot of hard edges and tons of different colors. But it's one hell of a first effort. I've read extreme's writeup. I've seen NcNitro's lid and I see that this is one of those effects that really takes some time to master. One thing I've seen is that Faskolor probably won't work well for this because they're too opaque. Most of the colors need to be relatively translucent. I think NCNitro will agree that the Spaz Stix liquid metals would be better for this job.
One thing I think I'm going to do is frame up a piece of glass on an easel to use as a practice piece. That way when I'm done I can just wash it off and start again.

ya, i just used the faskolor to practice. i bought some spaz stix today for when i paint the body.

candy apple red
hard ano yellow
hard ano orange
gloss black
prep

how do you put the skull in to the flames i bought an airbrush and would love to try it the flames in the back ground are awsome, keep up the good work

i shoot the skull first real light, then shoot the flames over it.

Back