Need a 3 channel radio for Mountaineer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big specht

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have two mountaineer's and I 'm looking for a good radio with a 3 position 3rd channel radio to run the tranny/t-case .

i don't know if flysky has a 3 position switch. but the spektrum dx3r has one, not too sure about the dx3s having one. futaba 4pl and 4pks have 3 position switches too

Last edited:
I have the Futaba 4PL and I use it for my crawler and it works great for the DIG...it can be locked rear, free wheel rear or all 4 engaged witht the extra channel.

ok I will look those up thanks

Flysky gt3b at Hobby partz. It's $40, comes with the receiver and a built in fail safe. Probably as good as anything available for a real good price. It is just outstanding and if you get it, you will love it.

Buy a GT3B if you want a nice cheap everyday radio.... Edit: I was mistaken about the 3 position switch, it doesn't have one. Thanks for correcting me tmaxxfreek

Last edited:
The GT3B doesn't have a 3 position switch, its a clicker......he needs one the has 3 different positions. on-off-on etc.......or 2hi-4hi-4low something like that

The less expensive radios DO NOT have a 3-position switch for the 3rd channel. The Futaba radios and the Spektrum DX-3r do have it. (The current DX3S does not have it either.) Read the post fully before spouting recommendations.

uhhhhhhhhhhh. sorry dude. I guess i didn't understand what he was looking for.

I have two mountaineer's and I 'm looking for a good radio with a 3 position 3rd channel radio to run the tranny/t-case .
Hmmm....it sure seems to me he said what he needed. I know it was pretty clear to me anyway whaich I why I chimed in with the 4PL. There are a ton of three channel radio out there but the number that does what he wants are pretty few. If you read the post you mind find what was being ask.

yeah but if you're like me and not into crawlers and scalers (whatever catagory a Mountaineer fits into) etc you might not know there are TXs with a 3 position switch in which case that could probably be misread pretty easily.

Geeeez, I've warned you guys about letting Joey out and leaving the gate opened! He got of his chain again! :p

Well if you think about it a three position switch. One is ON....another is OFF....the third position is.....POTATO? :D

keep_calm_and_have_a_taco_card-p137247423739233668zvhz2_400.jpg

One of the guys here at work has a summit and it has a 3 position switch for the locking diffs I think it will work and those would be the cheapest probley

Oh FFS Joey dont tell us were supposed to start thinking....That just ruined my whole day....I'm gonna pull up my pants and go home :p

Back