Necessary Hop-ups for XXX-NT?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

golfinglenn

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got a used XXX-NT that is basically new with the mach 15 in it. It is completely stock and I was wondering what the "necessary" mods are for this vehicle. I am very familiar with my Savage and a couple of buggies that I have, but this 2 wheel drive stuff is new.

Thanks,

Glenn

Originally posted by golfinglenn
I just got a used XXX-NT that is basically new with the mach 15 in it. It is completely stock and I was wondering what the "necessary" mods are for this vehicle. I am very familiar with my Savage and a couple of buggies that I have, but this 2 wheel drive stuff is new.

Thanks,

Glenn

The best upgrade would be to sell it and get a GT....

Re: Re: Necessary Hop-ups for XXX-NT?

Originally posted by zoeybadm

From what I have read......NOT! But thanks for the advice anyway.

G.

Re: Re: Necessary Hop-ups for XXX-NT?

I still feel the Losi XXXNT is a more stable truck on the track. Looks a helluva lot nicer too... lol The front end of the GT sucks ass... WEAK The losi does have its issues also, but overall, I would run a Losi.... Just my opinion...

Re: Re: Re: Necessary Hop-ups for XXX-NT?

From what I have read......NOT! But thanks for the advice anyway.

G.

www.capitalrc.com Check this out...then check the fastest main times. The fastest times for nitro are all done with RC10GT.......what the hell do you run in beauty races? I mean I have never seen anyone win a race because their car looked better than the other one.....

Originally posted by ImBroken

I still feel the Losi XXXNT is a more stable truck on the track. Looks a helluva lot nicer too... lol The front end of the GT sucks ass... WEAK The losi does have its issues also, but overall, I would run a Losi.... Just my opinion...

I have not broken one part in my GT in over a month and the only place it runs is on a race track with huge triples......so durability is not an issue nor is speed....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Necessary Hop-ups for XXX-NT?

www.capitalrc.com Check this out...then check the fastest main times. The fastest times for nitro are all done with RC10GT.......what the hell do you run in beauty races? I mean I have never seen anyone win a race because their car looked better than the other one.....

I have not broken one part in my GT in over a month and the only place it runs is on a race track with huge triples......so durability is not an issue nor is speed....

Zoey,

Let me guess, you are the type that if it is not what you have then it ain't shiat. Am I right.

This post was a simple question. Did it ask for your smart Ars remark about how great your 10GT was...Hmmm....NO. Go take your POS and play somewhere else.

BTW, checked out the above website and nowhere does it list what ran the fastest times, just WHO ran the fastest times. I think it is a pretty well known fact that drivers win races, not cars generally. You can give a novice a Kanaii and a pro a stock RTR Ofna PBX and guess who will win?

It was a simple question regarding my XXX-NT. Now I would appreciate it if you would shove your 10GT up your black hole.

Thanks.

Glenn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Necessary Hop-ups for XXX-NT?

Zoey,

Let me guess, you are the type that if it is not what you have then it ain't shiat. Am I right.

This post was a simple question. Did it ask for your smart Ars remark about how great your 10GT was...Hmmm....NO. Go take your POS and play somewhere else.

BTW, checked out the above website and nowhere does it list what ran the fastest times, just WHO ran the fastest times. I think it is a pretty well known fact that drivers win races, not cars generally. You can give a novice a Kanaii and a pro a stock RTR Ofna PBX and guess who will win?

It was a simple question regarding my XXX-NT. Now I would appreciate it if you would shove your 10GT up your black hole.

Thanks.

Glenn

Glenn,

My GT isn't great...it just does not break often. I have driven and raced the Losi XXX-NT.

So back to your question. Answer: Upgrade everything on it and double the price of the vechicle. Get alum. towers or carbon fiber if you are daring enough. Ti diff screw because the stock one tends to break.

Also buy lots of diff rebuild kits as you will need to rebuild the diff about every hour of run time. Also pick up threaded shock bodies.

Oh yes and when you drive make sure to roll the triple as I will be flying over the top of your Losi XXX-NT. Have fun driving that pile...oh yes and btw have you seen the new pics of the Losi stad. truck? OMFG is that thing ugly as $hit.....have fun....

Hmm, from what I have heard since posting this in the first place is that the only thing I really need to do is get the wider front bumper (luckily mine already had one installed when I bought it 8-0 and an aluminum spur gear.

Now lets see if you can understand what I was trying to say in my last post. I will seperate the points out so you can read slow and understand.

1. My original post was a simple question about a XXX-NT.

I will expand a little bit so you can try to get my point:

Q: Did my post ask: Is the XXX-NT better than the GT or not?
A: No, it simply asked a question regarding a XXX-NT.

Q: Did my post ask for idiot savants to reply remarking on how great their blah blah blah blah was compared to the XXX-NT.

Q: Did my post ask for axxholes to make remarks not pertinant to the following question:

From what I can tell you are just a complete axxhole who likes to read what they type. Now I will ask you once again to shove your GT up your hairy axx.

Thanks,

Glenn

Hmm, from what I have heard since posting this in the first place is that the only thing I really need to do is get the wider front bumper (luckily mine already had one installed when I bought it 8-0 and an aluminum spur gear.

Now lets see if you can understand what I was trying to say in my last post. I will seperate the points out so you can read slow and understand.

1. My original post was a simple question about a XXX-NT.

I will expand a little bit so you can try to get my point:

Q: Did my post ask: Is the XXX-NT better than the GT or not?

Q: Did my post ask for idiot savants to reply remarking on how great their blah blah blah blah was compared to the XXX-NT.

Q: Did my post ask for axxholes to make remarks not pertinant to the following question:

From what I can tell you are just a complete axxhole who likes to read what they type. Now I will ask you once again to shove your GT up your hairy axx.

Thanks,

Glenn

I wish you could read that would help a lot. Have fun with your mach 15 engine.....

:stick:
:puke:

never bash on people with what they buy... they buy them for a reason. even i hold back my thoughts towards some cars.... ITS CALLED RESPECT. secondly
to answer the poor kids questions
i bought the drake xxxnt and i basicly have nothing to upgrade besides aluminum crap.

so if your looking for pretty cheep upgrades lower some weight with some graphite parts get a .12 race engine and have fun :D i like my drake i wont comment on the rc10. I'm better then that FOOL

To get respect you have to earn it...muwhahahahahahhaha

From Nero to Bonaparte....

To get respect you have to earn it...muwhahahahahahhaha

From Nero to Bonaparte....

I guess you don't want any then do you?

grow up zoeybadm. and if you are grown up? grow up again with a daddy that will whip you

I just bought a xxxnt sport model and well..... I agree with zoey. personally I think its a piece compared to the GT. the problem(s) with my losi is that its the RTR model which is manufactured with completely different parts than what the team or drake version has (notice how all the plastic parts read RTR on them? pretty crappy), whereas AE tends to not interchange as many parts between the sports version and the more expensive versions making them better to begin with. no shame with the top of the line drake version, though.

good luck with your xxxnt, dont waste your money on new parts before even breaking anything, but make sure you buy yourself a fuel filter and a fail-safe

Last edited:
I bought an RTR XXXNT back about 4 months ago and can't do anything but rave on it.

Now on to your question....the necessities: fail safe!! failsafe!!!

1) I would buy a diff rebuild kit...the RTR is kinda week for hardcore drivers but it will last a while if you keep it tight...mine went 2 months b4 the first major overhaul....go with the Robinson Racing Products diff gear and all the compound gears from the Adam Drake Edition....the trick here is to tighten the diff after every couple of runs.

2) Trinity rear pivot block....you will find yourself replaceing the pivot block everytime your back end clips something.

3) Graphite front and rear A arms and shock towers.....nice to have a replacement in your box...but I would only upgrade these as the break

4)As for the Mach Engine ...after you have ran it a while the engine will not satisfy your craving for speed....replace with any good .12 for a much improved speed demon....I suggest the OS Max CV-R .12 for its amazing speed, cost ($109 at Tower), and the fact once you get it tuned you won't ever have to turn another screw on it till it wears a hole in the sleeve.

5) And as with all vehicles the rest of the plastic parts will break and at that time I would replace with ones from the Drake

I found that if you drive hard enuff you will break any R/C....So just upgrade when you break with better more sturdy parts....I replace parts with the ones from AD Edition....they are stronger and the manual can be found at www.teamlosi.com

I would also stay away from aluminum arms and shock towers for they may be stronger and not break but they will darn sure bend and the replacement costs of those can be a bit on the costly side

Hope that helps......

Saggy

Oh and for those GT guys....poke poke

I dunno bout them but just about every GT driver runs RPM arms and carbon fiber shock towers to get the sturdiness they prefer

you see you can upgrade anything and all stock stuff will eventually break

na na na

Saggy...lol

Last edited:
Before you go replacing the engine, try putting an OS slide carb on. The slide carb brought my Mach .15 to life. Made it responsive as all hell.... The RTR Diff definately should be upgraded as well. I also invested in a Dace battery brace. I found that a few hard landings in the rear ended up breaking my battery box. Otherwise, I would say you will have a blast with the XXXNT.

I guess you don't want any then do you?

I don't look to tomfools for respect.......seriously golfinglenn figure it out......

The minute you think I place any value on what you think is the day president Bush becomes Albert Einstein.

Wait wait.....

Originally posted by Arrow
grow up zoeybadm. and if you are grown up? grow up again with a daddy that will whip you

When I want to hear from my certified bitches I will pull down your pants and pull on your pu$$y lips. Moreover, I will give you your opinion when I actually think your gums are worth flapping.

Originally posted by StaticSag

I would also stay away from aluminum arms and shock towers for they may be stronger and not break but they will darn sure bend and the replacement costs of those can be a bit on the costly side

Hope that helps......

Saggy

Oh and for those GT guys....poke poke

I dunno bout them but just about every GT driver runs RPM arms and carbon fiber shock towers to get the sturdiness they prefer

you see you can upgrade anything and all stock stuff will eventually break

na na na

Saggy...lol

Actually very few of us GT drivers run RPM arms for one simple reason: the arms are like noodles...never break but never really give you a solid footing. I agree you should stay away from alum. arms but I happen to love the alum. shock towers.

When I want to hear from my certified bitches I will pull down your pants and pull on your pu$$y lips. Moreover, I will give you your opinion when I actually think your gums are worth flapping.

Hmmm. That's a real nice thing to say.

Try this one on for size. Keep on baiting members and see who is who's bitch. This is starting to become a pattern with you and the staff is watching.

Screw that!

Zoey - say bye dude. I'm done reading your bullshit. This is forum whereas to help people. Not to knock their poop.

If you didnt have something to say to answer his question or help him, then dont say anything at all.

As to answer the question:

Go with ImBrokens suggestion of the O.S. carb. Even with my OS CVR in a Drake, his had more power. It was sick!

And for other upgrades, the RPM front bumper is awesome!

Also, I've never had to rebuild my diff, except to replace the diff NUT, which I have since replaced with the HG diff nut and Shaft.

Worked like a gem. Not to mention, I run my diff damn near LOCKED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back