My Scaler Project... Jeep Tuber ...(Update 5-1-14)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you finished this yet? Looks amazing.

Actually I can give ya a bit of an update. Unfortunitely due to my accident it sat for a good bit of this past year with no work being done to it. However I did manage to get the fuel cell finished to hold the esc, get the jack finished and mounted, mounted the interior panels and seats, and got it all wired up. I also started repainting the body, adding some diamond plate corner panels and rockers, so it's also just about ready, I still need to get some wiper blades for the window.

I also still need to weld the front and rear bumpers up so I can bolt them on, and I have been trying to find a suitable steering wheel to use, as well as mount up the light bar Alpine hooked me up with and get it wired for light.

Heres a few pics, but I'll see if my wife will bring it up from the basement so I can take a few more since I just recently had surgery on my leg and can't get down to my rc room in the basement at the moment.

Heres the fuel cell with the esc installed inside and mounted to the rig...

fuelcell.jpg

012-3.jpg

003-5.jpg

001-8.jpg

Heres the high lift jack, I cut out the material between the handle and body of the jack, and drilled out all the holes in the body. I painted it cherry red, with a satin black handle, and rubber black hand grip. I will get some pics of it mounted up too this weekend, it looks great mounted on the rear diamond plate deck...

001-6.jpg

003-4.jpg

So I guess It's about 98% done at this point, just havent had the cash or way to get to my hobby room because of the medical bills for my leg and the surgery. If anyone has a steering wheel laying around, like one from those 1/8 newbright Jeep JKs please let me know. And I am still trying to get Joe from EEM to make me up some black rock rings for the custom rims he made me, damn slacker, lol :hehe:

Wow, I gotta rub my eyes first! Just such beautiful work! The fuel cell is as perfect as perfect can be! The jack is spot on too! I'm still staring at your joint on all your tube work, so clean.

Thanks Lloyd.

I actually lost count of how many hours I spent grinding and sanding all the joints on this thing before I got it powder coated. But it was A LOT! I can't wait until I can get the bumpers done, the front stinger bumper I decided to change up a bit so I can mount a winch, since I picked up one of the three racing working winches a while back. I am really glad now I designed it so I could screw the bumpers on rather than just welding them on as one piece with the chassis. It will be much easier to make the changes now than if I had welded them on.

I also modified a TQ3 radio that I am gonna use for now on this truck for the three position switch. I hate how so many people that mod them leave the gaping hole from the old switch, so I just used a piece of diamond plate styrene to cover it up. I think it looks much better like this and took very little effort.

008-6.jpg

010-4.jpg

Thanks a lot Josh. It's taken much longer than I had originally planned, but I think it will be worth it when it's finally finished.

I think it will be worth it when it's finally finished.

For sure it will! Nice job on the 3ps mod, very clean with the styrene, I hate seeing a big gap there.

Ouch! That was a low blow! I did notice how after I took second in the last regular season race at speedway, how there was no Chronical, hmmmmm, embarassed you were beat by a rookie? :D

Joe, I've got your shock absorber labels ready to go. Forgot all about them. I'm sure you are ready for them.

It's ok Oldex, at your age it must be hard to remember what you had for breakfast :hehe: But thank you...gramps.

Complete coincidence. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it :D

LMAO! Sure, coincidence, that's the ticket. :D

No, didn't forget, I just didn't want to bother you about them since I haven't been able to work on it much the past few months. But anytime you want to send them over I would love to put them on the shocks.

I did notice how after I took second in the last regular season race at speedway, how there was no Chronical, hmmmmm, embarassed you were beat by a rookie? :D

Don't feel bad ,I didn't get a write up in the Chronicle either for my first VRC win.

Sweet cover up on the tx Joe. This and other scale projects has been inspiring me to start a scaler type project,just won't be an off road vehicle. May just have to start on it soon.

Just WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
that is amazing, the detail and everything is breath taking, I want more lol :)

Back