My poor little town. Staples is now considered a gang

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Workers, customer attacked for wearing red
3 beaten by reputed gang members in Petaluma

By PAUL PAYNE
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

Two Petaluma store employees and a shopping center customer were beaten by reputed gang members, apparently for wearing red clothing, police said Tuesday.
The attacks happened near the Staples office supply store on South McDowell Boulevard, where police said two workers and another person were assaulted.
Two suspects, a boy and girl, both 17, were later arrested.
It was the second attack in Petaluma over colors in two months. In April, a 12-year-old boy was hit on the head with a skateboard after he refused to take off a red shirt.
“It’s the same thing we keep running into,” said Sgt. Jim Stephenson, head of the Petaluma police gang unit. “Guys going after colors.”
The three people assaulted at the Washington Square Shopping Center wore red. The Staples employees were dressed in red uniform polo shirts.
None of the victims were gang members, police said.
The attacks occurred Friday.
In one instance, a Staples employee was standing outside the store when the suspects began yelling gang slogans and challenging him to fight, Petaluma Police Sgt. Dave Kahl said.
He started to walk into the store when they began hitting him with their fists, Kahl said.
Another employee came to his aid and also was assaulted, Kahl said.
One victim was taken to Petaluma Valley Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries and later released.
One victim was 18 and the other was 21.
A third victim, whose age was not available, flagged down an officer in the parking lot and said the two suspects were driving a large, light-colored sedan, Kahl said.
Police stopped the car nearby and witnesses identified the occupants as the suspects, Kahl said.
Both were arrested and booked on suspicion of committing battery for gang purposes, Kahl said.
The male suspect also was held on suspicion of drunken driving, Kahl said.
They were booked into the Sonoma County Juvenile Hall.
A Staples spokeswoman said Tuesday it wasn’t the first time an employee was beaten by gang members for wearing the company’s red attire.
The Framingham, Mass.-based company has 190 stores in California and workers clad in Staples’ polo shirts have been assaulted at other stores because the color is claimed by gangs, spokeswoman Amy Shanler said.
In some cases, the company has changed the uniform to prevent further attacks, Shanler said. She wouldn’t say where the company had changed its uniform colors.
It was unknown if Friday’s beating in Petaluma will trigger a switch.
“We have changed the uniform before because of the gang situation,” Shanler said. “There hasn’t been anything discussed as far as this situation.”
You can reach Staff Writer Paul Payne at 762-7297 or [email protected].
Last changed: May 29, 2007 © The Press Democrat. For copyright information view our User Agreement

Last edited by a moderator:
Attacking someone over the color of their shirt is so sad. I thought the idiocy of fighting over gang colors was over a long time ago. I hope those attackers get a severe jail sentence.

Eddy's got the inksale.com boyz on the looksee, makin' sure nobody be cuttin' in on his gig!

They need to just take those gang members out back and beat the crap out of them. And we need to bring back the "stop or I'll shoot" thing where they actually would shoot if ya didn't stop running hehe

Attacking someone over the color of their shirt is so sad. I thought the idiocy of fighting over gang colors was over a long time ago. I hope those attackers get a severe jail sentence.

My thoughts exactly! I swear, people invent new and interesting ways of proving their stupidity every day, don't they? Yeah, I see a lot of Crips sporting golf shirts, too!

Sad and Stupid I'm glad I live in the middle of no where only color's we compete with is the green and gold for the packers or the dark blue and white for the bears lol. But those gang members should be sentenced severly not just a slap on the wrist.

Man this problem is hitting really close to home now. I live really close to the so called slum. So last week I was riding my dirt bike around my neighbor hood when I saw a red toyota with bandanna and all kinds of red crap all over it, it looked to be abanded with a bullet whole in the side and grafitty(spelling) all over it. I was like great now the Crips Vs. Bloods is comeing into my neighbor hood. I swear the gang members across the street are dealing out of there garage to, and last night I was standing outside driven my mini when this blacked out impalla rolls up really slow with his lights off, I got my ass in the house quick and didnt stick around to see what when down but this whole fighting over color shirt thing is dumb. But when I see crap like this I just have to think of the episode of south park when timmy and the other cripple guy join the crips, lmao. O well hope stuff gets settled out up there Eddy.

Bryson

Once the gangs move in its real tough to get them out. Too many people willing to look the other way, or buying into the gangsta (C)rap playing on all the subwoofers on the street. Is it just me, has anyone else noticed an increase in the anoying rumble of subwoofers on the road? I walk to and from work so I get to hear a lot of it while waiting to cross the street. What ever happened to frontier justice, can't we bring it back for these special cases?

You guys ever heard Bobby Colins... Hes this comic that dose this scetch.

I was in Florida the other day and waiting at this stop light when this speaker on wheels pulls up next to me. My ears... they wanted to jump out of my head. The metal on my car started to crumble...SO I SHOT EM.

O man that guy is great, you guys should look him up and down load one of his comedys, it will cheer you up any day.

Bryson

they should catch all the gang members and send there female pee pee asses to iraq lets see how far they will get!!!

Cut the head off of the snake and the body dies. And thats all Ill say.

This is really sad folks.

Tom

I agree. Altho, we have a few ground pounders that go up and down the road here. One of them is a riced out dodge neon (complete with racing stripe and wing).

Yes, I said a "riced out dodge neon".

In the end tho, they're doing humanity a huge favor by sterilizing themselves.

Yes, I said a "riced out dodge neon".

I've seen of those around here, too. Orange, with a busted up fender. My favorite part was the poorly attached roof scoop. The front of the scoop had never been opened up.

Workers, customer attacked for wearing red
3 beaten by reputed gang members in Petaluma

By PAUL PAYNE
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

Two Petaluma store employees and a shopping center customer were beaten by reputed gang members, apparently for wearing red clothing, police said Tuesday.
The attacks happened near the Staples office supply store on South McDowell Boulevard, where police said two workers and another person were assaulted.
Two suspects, a boy and girl, both 17, were later arrested.
It was the second attack in Petaluma over colors in two months. In April, a 12-year-old boy was hit on the head with a skateboard after he refused to take off a red shirt.
“It’s the same thing we keep running into,” said Sgt. Jim Stephenson, head of the Petaluma police gang unit. “Guys going after colors.”
The three people assaulted at the Washington Square Shopping Center wore red. The Staples employees were dressed in red uniform polo shirts.
None of the victims were gang members, police said.
The attacks occurred Friday.
In one instance, a Staples employee was standing outside the store when the suspects began yelling gang slogans and challenging him to fight, Petaluma Police Sgt. Dave Kahl said.
He started to walk into the store when they began hitting him with their fists, Kahl said.
Another employee came to his aid and also was assaulted, Kahl said.
One victim was taken to Petaluma Valley Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries and later released.
One victim was 18 and the other was 21.
A third victim, whose age was not available, flagged down an officer in the parking lot and said the two suspects were driving a large, light-colored sedan, Kahl said.
Police stopped the car nearby and witnesses identified the occupants as the suspects, Kahl said.
Both were arrested and booked on suspicion of committing battery for gang purposes, Kahl said.
The male suspect also was held on suspicion of drunken driving, Kahl said.
They were booked into the Sonoma County Juvenile Hall.
A Staples spokeswoman said Tuesday it wasn’t the first time an employee was beaten by gang members for wearing the company’s red attire.
The Framingham, Mass.-based company has 190 stores in California and workers clad in Staples’ polo shirts have been assaulted at other stores because the color is claimed by gangs, spokeswoman Amy Shanler said.
In some cases, the company has changed the uniform to prevent further attacks, Shanler said. She wouldn’t say where the company had changed its uniform colors.
It was unknown if Friday’s beating in Petaluma will trigger a switch.
“We have changed the uniform before because of the gang situation,” Shanler said. “There hasn’t been anything discussed as far as this situation.”
You can reach Staff Writer Paul Payne at 762-7297 or [email protected].
Last changed: May 29, 2007 © The Press Democrat. For copyright information view our User Agreement
I read this in the paper also and the kid in windsors family comes into my shop from time to time,this is getting crazy I always have a red or blue car in my shop that has had the paint keyed or bats taking to it,I just dont get it these kids need to grow up....but than again it is good for my shop to always be fixing these cars......:wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4wheel drive,a country boy can survive! We dont have those problems around here,wonder why?

I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4wheel drive,a country boy can survive! We dont have those problems around here,wonder why?

Is it because you have a shovel between the rifle and shotgun in the rifle rack mounted on the rear window of your 4x4?
That would scare the bejeezus out of anyone!

Ed sad to see the gang culture creeping in. We have it on the rock called England too!
As Joe Strummer from The Clash sang in the song Red Angel Dragnet: "Someday a real rain will come along and wash all the scum off the streets..."

Last edited: