My Grandmother

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroking

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well lets see she went ijnto the hospital last monday for lowlow blood pressure and and ammonia.Well as of last night my dad was driving down to the hospital and he got a phone call saying that she was moved to the ICU(intensive care unit) for very low blood pressure(like 60 over 30) and she had trouble breathing.So the moved her and my dad was finally let in after the got down settleing her in and my dad was asked if the ever talked about life support because she had trouble breathing well my dad asked her and she said yes she wanted it so they put a breathing tube down her throat to help her breathe and sthrenthen her lungs(she has been smoking for 55 years past five years at least 3-4 packs aday).So this morning my Cousin Jamie and her sister Lisa went it to see her and while the were there her blood pressure dropped to 30 over sumthing.And my dad and and my cousin John went in around lunch time and they told my dad that her veins were shivfulling and the only why the could get the medicine in for that and to feed her was to put a feeding/medicine tube through her neck/throat.But tommorrow the said they might be able to take that tube out of her neck.

My dad said as of mnow their is a 50/50 cjance of her coming out of that hospital.My dad just went down to check on her again so he should be back soon.

We have all been praying for her to pull through this.
God bless her

She will be in my prayers, sorry to hear about the health problems man. Grandma's are very special I miss both of mine.

Thanks HB i posted it cause right now trhe nly i have to do is worry

I am very to hear your news. I wish that my grandparents were still alive. I miss mine a lot. I hope that your grandmother does well and gets out soon. You and your grandmother will be in my prayers. God bless My Friend.

Jon

Originally posted by jon2
I am very to hear your news. I wish that my grandparents were still alive. I miss mine a lot. I hope that your grandmother does well and gets out soon. You and your grandmother will be in my prayers. God bless My Friend.

Jon

I am very to hear your news. i think u missed a word

also sorry to hear that man best wishes to you

Thanks bro. You said what I thought.Lol. A little slow today.

Always remember to cherish the ones you love because you won't have them forever. My prayers are with you and your family..

Thjanks guys for all your sympathey(sp?)

my sister inlaw was just here and she has a prayer group. so her and her jroup are going to pray for her tonight..iam not big on the hole prayer thing..but i will say that my thoughts are with you and your family.....zandor

She is in gods hands. He will do what is best.

My thoughts and prayers are wiyh you also. I have had many experiences with the hospitals and family. I lost my Grandmother a few years back. She retired at 65 and 2 weeks later was diagnosed with cancer. She was given 6 months to a year to live. After her first treatment of kimo, she was sent home, only to pass the next day....... Since then, we moved my Grandfather to my parents house. He has had all the heart by passes a human can have. His heart functions at a meare 20%. He was also diagnosed with cancer about six months ago. ( also forgot that he is an amputy as well ). Well, the cancer has now taken its toll and has affected the upper half of his body. He now needs thickeners for the fluids that he drinks. Otherwise he will choke. This past Friday night, he also suffered heart attack #10. I don't know, but this man is some bull to me. The family has decided to respect his wishes and not give him the kimo or put him in a home. We have all re adjusted our lives to be with him and take shifts taking care of him. I love my Grandfather and my Grandmother as I'm sure you do. Be sure to do all you can to make her as comfortable as you can. It will mean alot to you as well as her.

God Bless you and your family.

Reading your story I thought your grandmother would have opted not to have the life support. I watched my mom go from no signs of cancer to completely consumed in it in 8 months...she died in 10 just this past September. I miss her and I wish she was still with us but I am glad she chose to stay out of the hospital those last few months and to opt out of life support. WIth the life support, she may still be kept alive today but she truely died months before last September, somehow her body kept on. Your grandmother is in my prayers, as are you and your family as this will truely be a very hard time for all of you.

Hey kids, you think smoking is cool now?:confused:

Well no that some of the test resulst came back she suffered a mild Heart attack before she went in and she might have problem with her kidneys but they want to get her lungs alot better before they do anything for her kidneys and she still has the ventalating tube in because her blood gases where acting up or sumthing but she is responsive and she know we you there and who your are my dad said.She smiles alot and she writes what she wants on a piece of paper till she can get the tube out.But she is doing alot better. Thereason she has the ventalating tube(it is not full life support since she is breathing at 24 and the machine is only working atr 16 so she is doing most of it)is just to help clear up her lungs from all the smoking and she is also on the patch.But she has a will to live.So right now i took off two days of school to help my dad clean up the basement and stuff so we can move som stuff down their so we can put a bathroom on the first floor along with a bedroom since it is hard for her to walk up the steps and she cnat live alone.But they said she will be in their for weeks to come.But if she gets worst my dad and his two broythers bneed to make a decision which i hope they dont need to make that descion(sp?)

Thanks for all your prayers

sorry to hear about your grandma, i will pray for her tonight before i go to bed.

Nitroking your grandmother will truly be in my prayers this and every evening. I am a residential property manager of a 55+ apartment community and I have been there since September and have already seen two people pass on me. Very nice people too. My grandmother and grandfather passed away in the 90's. I just met my other grandmother two years ago. My father ran away from home when he was 17 and never looked back. Well she still holds a special place in my heart and I know I would be going through the same thing as you and my heart go's out to you. It is not easy when someone you care about whether they are of relation or not is sick.

Hope everything goes well Nitroking. My grandmaw is in bad shape also. She is 80 something and she has alztymers, sorry for the spelling. Just keep praying, and may god be with your grandmother, your family, and yourself.

I'm very sorry to hear of your Gandmother's heath problems and hope that she comes home soon.

sorry to hear about your grandmother...my great granmother, 94, fell and broke the ball joint totaly off her hip...she was put in the hospital and the next day she had pnumonia (not a clue how to spell that), the next day she was in the icu, they had to do the hip replacement so she could get rid of the pnumonia, she was vomiting and some of it got in her lungs, then she wouldnt wake up for 2 days after the surger, today she talked to me on the phone so i think shes is doing better...but it all just happened so fast it was really scary and still is

I dont just think she will be alright.... I know she will be alright.:thumbsup:

Thanks everybody for your sympathy well today we found out she has cancer on her kidneys but they need to do a chest exray because they think it spresad from her lungs but she refused any treatment from that...