My Boats

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuel Crazy

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well... you'll quickly learn here, boats are my real passion in the RC world. It is quite the challenge to make them REALLY run... especially the gas & nitro boats. Unfortunately, they are like potato chips.. can't just have one, and you end up spending a small fortune on em (average about $2000 each) :hehe:

So heres a few of mine..

AC Model Boats, R42 Cat. Powered by a CC Racing Engines "BEAST" Stroked Zenoah 260
2vb1nhy.jpg

vpaibo.jpg

Video of it one of the first times out after building
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI8GTwl-xQ"]YouTube - AC R42 "The SHOCKER"[/ame]

AC Model Boats, Lazer 45 Mono. Powered by a CC Racing Engines ProMod Zenoah 260
svhoq0.jpg

Hurricane Rigger. Powered by a CC Racing Engines "BEAST" Stroked Zenoah 260
29en0oo.jpg

1i0vpg.gif

Blazer Marine Whiplash Hydro. Powered by a CC Racing Engines ProMod Zenoah 260
33zft5w.gif

1zqc6pu.jpg

Aeromarine 34.5" Sprintcat. This boat was designed to use a .40 to .67 nitro engine... but I'm using a CC Racing Engines ProMod Zenoah 260 :hehe: Boat is for Straightline runs (SAW) only.. first time out after only 3 test runs, it officially went 77mph through timed traps (sensors 330ft apart). You can see the bit of a size difference compared to the R42 cat, which is 42".
10zsnf8.jpg

x0xs0w.jpg

Here is video of when it ran 77mph. And no, it did NOT hit the ski jump at the end.. i turned left real quick when i realized it was goin towards it, and it flipped..plop is just the sound of it hitting the water.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM5DVH8TFfU"]YouTube - SAW Sprintcat[/ame]

36" Dragcat.. also a SAW only boat. Powered by a CC Racing Engines ProMod Zenoah 260. This Mirage boat has been sold.. Green & Black one is the new one for this season, which will hopefully enter the 80+mph club.
This boat was painted by me (I'm definetely no expert painter) using rattle can spray paint!
j809wj.jpg

2gsfkwl.jpg

w9tzc7.jpg

Here is video of the mirage one going 76mph at the same time trials event, with a slight carb issue causing some high rpm fuel issues.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKjqiRwFZKA&NR=1"]YouTube - Lampshade in Huntsville[/ame]

ok thats it for now :hehe:

First 10 ten seconds of the "Shocker" video I was thinking, man this isn't very impressive, then all of a sudden.....DAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM!!:whhooo:

I love the Deep-V! I played with nitro boats a very long time ago.

Very nice toys indeed.

Also, in order to be called the shocker, you're gonna have to make one of those sponsons twice the width. :hehe:

:hehe: can't tell ya how many people I've had ask me what "The SHOCKER" means... i just laugh :hehe:

NCNitro said:
Sweet! That boat in the first vid hauls ass!!

Thanks. Its actually one of my slowest boats though. It runs 60-62mph in race trim, and the Rigger runs 74-75mph in race trim. Will have some vid of it soon.

Heres video of the Red Cat boat in a heat race over in Charleston, SC. Soon as i got out front i just started running 1/2-3/4 throttle.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owTqqZsBIus"]YouTube - CMB Fall Nationals LSG27 Cat[/ame]

you hear commentary cause we are lucky to have a company that comes to alot of the boat races (www.metimeliverc.com) and broadcasts the races live.

And another. I laid back on this one since i knew the yellow boat was quite fast and just waited for the driver to make a mistake and leave the door open..and well, when he did...i made my move and he cut me off :angry: But thats racing and he got DQ'd :hehe:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nngdcsUzX20&feature=related"]YouTube - CMB Fall Nationals LSG27 Cat 4[/ame]

Nice boats fun is measured by the amout of money spent!!!

Hey Will! :D
Man, I got my hand slapped in here when I mentioned Doug and Kerri's site. The Mod in here acted like I owned it which you know I don't.

wow, those boats are fast. and did you run a boat into that white thing that's in the water? i can't tell what it is. i was curious if u were going to hit it, you got mighty close a few times.

Hey Will! :D
Man, I got my hand slapped in here when I mentioned Doug and Kerri's site. The Mod in here acted like I owned it which you know I don't.

Maybe it was cause MeTime wasn't free then? Not sure why they would have a problem with it being mentioned though. :\

wow, those boats are fast. and did you run a boat into that white thing that's in the water? i can't tell what it is. i was curious if u were going to hit it, you got mighty close a few times.

No i didnt hit it. I did get very close at the end though. When i saw that the boa was doing toward it, i gave it full left steering real quick to actually make it flip itself.

They have since taken that ski jump out of the lake now. So now it wont be there in april when i try cracking the 80mph barrier

Back