My 5t duntoberfest build!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It started off as a stock T,
CIMG0982.jpg

And the tear down started.
Upgrade list includes so far,
Yamadude/ESP, TS reed case 27.2
FLM extended arm kit,
Scorpian Unlimited chassis,
Scorpian Unlimited Chassis brace,
Turtle front and rear chassis plates,
Turtle rear shock tower,
Turtle Clutch system,
Turtle clutch housing,
Latunbacher 4 shoe clutch,
DDM billet fan cover,
Phatdad shock shafts,
Phatdad fan cover brace,
Phatdad rear hing pins,
Threashold front bulk head,
Threashold rezzies,
Threashold unbrealla seals,
Craftwerks spur carrier,
Craftwerks plug wire,
Hostile spurs,
RR, speed set,
Aluminum pull start handle,
KillerRC kill switch,
Shread stack,
Process racing quick tubes,
Rhino dig 4 servo,
DDM 5000 reciver battery,
Ramtech springs,
GBE engine mount,
GBE side braces,
and more to come!
Few pics of where I'm stuck at till I get a few more parts.
Custom hing pin bearing mod,
CIMG1120.jpg

CIMG1151.jpg

CIMG1152.jpg

CIMG1153.jpg

Phatdads sexy new colored hing pins! black and silver!
CIMG1154.jpg

CIMG1155.jpg

CIMG1156.jpg

CIMG1157.jpg

That should give you guys a idea what I've been up to latly lol. :D

looks really nice!!! i wish i had a 1/5th!!!

Geez... keep rolex out of here! He might hurt himself!

I love that hinge pin mod you did. Great idea! I hope it works out for you. Sure would help keep those alloy arms lasting longer and staying tight.

Great looking rig!

I seriously want one, so right now I'm having some shelving fabricated out of I-beams and steel plate.

There can only be one queen of the castle, or shelf that is. Unless you have something that we are no aware about... -Raises eyebrow-

My goodness.. how much does that thing weigh?

When done I'm trying to keep it under 35. lol.

I seriously want one, so right now I'm having some shelving fabricated out of I-beams and steel plate.

You need a baja man! The upgrading never ends!

I hope the hing pin modd last too. I need some shims to keep it from floating though.

And just so you guys know, this is no shelf queen. I have a shelf queen body being painted by Are very own "candyman" but thats the only thing that will be for show. Otherwise, its a full on basher, I may race it just to piss people off to lol. I just worked out the details on a pipe with my friend Gabe Brown and this truck should be stupid fast! Hopefully pushing 65+

Hopefully pushing 65+

Well... with that in mind, you may want to get in contact with FlexTek for your arms. Don't see any available for the 5B or 5T though... hopefully you don't hit any inanimate objects... like the ground! Or that thing will be the prettiest pretzel you ever saw!

Well... with that in mind, you may want to get in contact with FlexTek for your arms. Don't see any available for the 5B or 5T though... hopefully you don't hit any inanimate objects... like the ground! Or that thing will be the prettiest pretzel you ever saw!

LOL the long travle kit works bitchen though. I rember someone saying Ti arms for a baja would be around 2000 for a kit! I got this kit for 250 shipped on a DDM DOTD. I wanted the RC4WD kit but its saposed to be close to a grand. I just can't pay that much for something your going to bash. I just hope I dont have a run away down in glamis and find my car with a blown motor somewhere in mexico lol.

With the speed this beast is going to put out, you might want to add some front disc brakes to help her whoa with all that go.

With the speed this beast is going to put out, you might want to add some front disc brakes to help her whoa with all that go.

Unfortunatly no one has the kinks worked out of front breaks yet. They tend to lock up in sand, and bind when on the track. I know a frined of mine is makeing some that will revolutionize the baja world but they wont be out for a while.

Front end completed. New shinny tires and bead locks mounted up! Theres only like 2 things I need to complete this now. Oh yah and for the record. This motor is going to SCREAM when my friend Bartolone gets done with it! It will not be a esp-yama motor anymore lol.
CIMG1196.jpg

CIMG1197.jpg

CIMG1198.jpg

CIMG1199.jpg

CIMG1200.jpg

That's a real beauty! I see endless alloy upgrades in my future. :D

Just think, They even make a alloy body for these that looks like a sand rail! Rolex you could have a feild day! lol.

Sorry I lagged on the pics lol. Here are the completed pics in dunetoberfest. I'm such a DA though, forgot to take the body off pics. This body was painted by are verry own CandyMan also! Id really like to thank him for everything he did on this including making shure I had it before the event. Big props and thanks man! Anway heres the pics.
CIMG1236.jpg

CIMG1233.jpg

CIMG1232.jpg

CIMG1230.jpg

CIMG1228.jpg

CIMG1237.jpg

CIMG1243.jpg

CIMG1244.jpg

Id also like to thank my sponsors GBE and Bartolone Racing. Chris really nailed it with this engine. It simply rips. I wish someone would have taken a vid of it but oh well another time and ill get a vid. Thanks for lookin!

looks great! how did the body hold up? i would be afraid to run a custom body in the sand

Looks good all mounted up Bryson. Love it in the sun. I'm glad you like it. Really does that chassis a great deal of respect!

That thing is totally pimp! Wouldn't be surprised to see some subs in that thing!

BODY OFF!
BODY OFF!
BODY OFF!
BODY OFF!

Great work man!

Back