Mugen MBX5 Prospec Thread :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can also temp gun the CB. > 180-190 = slipping

no doubt it was slipping, could not even touch it LOL

hehe i see no fuel ines though :) nice paint job, and it looks like you need some setup as well camber is wrong

what is setting the droop good for, i mean how do you know when you need to adjust it. thanks

when you want more or less on power steering is when you adjust the droop.......

low10s said:
what is setting the droop good for, i mean how do you know when you need to adjust it. thanks

The "Dood" that doesn't have an mbx5 is wrong.

The grub screws in your lower A arms (front and back) control droop. Basically if you let the arms "droop", the grub screws will come in contact with the chassis and hence "limit" the amount of droop. Why? Suppose you're doing one of them fancy end to end cartwheels and your rear suspension is being snapped back and forth back and forth. If you don't have your droop limiters in place, you'll be putting all that stress on the shocks. I speak from experience cause I did one of them fancy cart wheels once. You know the nuts that hold the shock pistons onto the shock shafts? The violent thrashing of the rear suspension yanked the threads right out of one. I was damn lucky it was only a nut. I put the shock back together, set my droop limiters and finished the day.

Moral of the story: Droop limiters are GOOD. Use them and double check them before each race day as they can work a hole into the chassis (but fixing that is another tip entirely).

Oh yeah, to adjust them, lift the buggy in the air, extending the shocks all the way. Next tighten each of the four grub scews until you see each respective shock compress a little as the grub screw hits the chassis. You don't want to limit travel, but just protect the shock. Well, that's what I do anyway.

Last edited:
The "DOOD" is correct in his statement as well! You can alter the way the car handles and steers on Smooth tracks with your droop settings---trust me

Droop does more than one thing Bud:)

Thanks for pointing that out. I don't use them that way.

Last edited:
Come on now. This thread is way too far along to end up in the FFA section.

If there is a problem that needs to be looked into then please let the RCNT STAFF know. There is no need to derail a perfectly good thread.

Jon2
RCNT Staff

I've edited my above response. Sorry.

Back on track, who's setups are you guys using? I used to use bradley's hemit setup but it seemed to be better suited for tracks with banked corners where a little less steering was needed. I rescently switched over to Ashton's setup. It seems more middle of the road to me.

thanks for the info. just wondering cause on one of chad bradleys setup one used droop and the other had it limited. thanks again

made some new brake disks.....

brakes001.jpg

brakes002.jpg

brakes003.jpg

What are they made out of, and how do they work?

If you make them serated they will ack act as anti lock or abs i forget. OI have the set from mbx5parts.com. Although i dont know how they because i have yet to start my prospec.

Hey i got a question to add.
Do you tighten the set screw on the collet that is at the end of the sway bar?
If i leave em loose like the manual said the sway bars fall out.

the linkage that move th ebrake levers? yea there is a tiny set screw ont he top of them to tighten the o shaped thign with an extension down to it, yea sorry for the bad descriptions but yea lol

wow these brakes feel so much better then stock, lets see how they hold up though

brakes007.jpg

brakes009.jpg

they look just like the cradcock brakes. i just ordered the aniti-lock cradcock brades yesterday. i have ran the regular ones before and they work great, a ton of stopping power

Back