MORE FLAT FINISH ?'s

• Thread starter itsalifeworthliving
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsalifeworthliving

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok, just read a thread about lexan, flat finish, and krylon, didnt want to high-jack, so i'll start my own..
can you really paint a lexan shell using krylon? and wich krylon paint. they have "for plastic" and "outdoor spaces".. for those that have used it, does it hold up better or about the same. I've tried to get a FLAT finish by sanding down the inside of the shel, then spraying it. it came out like dog dooky. i have this in mind for an on-road/shelf build. I'm not worried about it scratching, but peeling/flaking would be bad

Do NOT use Krylon fusion for plastic. Use Krylon ultra flat, it bonds very well with lexan. I will usually scuff the body lightly before painting it. But it MUST be ultra flat. It will not flake off at all, it is very durable, and when it starts to look crappy just repaint it with a fresh coat

For my crawler I used Krylon camo flat olive drab. I drive this on rocks, and yes it scratches, but it does not flake off.

crawling5.jpg

For my tuber I used regular Krylon ultra flat black, but the camo flat black will also work fine.

RoughFinishechassiswithLid.jpg

I really like that jeep NC! It has that real look you were going for nice job. Don't mean to hijack this thread but can you use tha fusion paint to paint rims? I have a set of like bright green rims that I don't really care for? Sorry Itsalife If I hijacked your thread even after you just made the comment about not doing it to others.

Damn you guys:-> after seeing SNG's slash I took one of my stock slash bodies and painted the outside flat black, it looks cool and has held up well. I went to the races sunday and told them I was Team Krylon:hehe: